Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Good Bye, My Friend

I just received a call from a friend informing me that a friend of ours has passed away just two days ago. He was just one year younger than me. He left behind his wife, son and daughter. The cause of death was apparently a heart attack.

I met the family at the beginning of this year as he needed some advice on how I have been handling grandma's dementia condition as his dad is also suffering from that - just more advance. As would any care-giver, he was burdened. He was simply trying to help every one at home to cope.

A couple of years ago, I also helped him when he was planning for his wedding. I still can remember the occasion when he was proposing to his girlfriend then - he used flower petals and tea-lights to write the words, "Marry Me, Can?"

Now all these remain only as memories because my dear friend is no more with us.

Good bye, Joseph.

No comments: