Sunday, April 20, 2008

Things We Own Are Not To Be Taken For Granted!

Can you believe this? In a span of two weeks, I lost my mobile phone twice! The first was on 8 April and the second was just now after dinner. I did not realise I drop my phone till when the running gang was about to go home. We were at Novena Square.

I started back-tracking to the shops we visited but to no avail. My God-Son's father, who is also my good friend, called my number. A few times someone picked up but did not answer. When that happened he thought it was a 'gone-case' matter but while they persisted, my God-Son's mother noticed a couple meddling with a phone which looked like mine.

After hesitating for a while, they decided to approach the couple and true enough, it was my handset. My battery has gone flat and they decided to take out my SIM card to insert into one of theirs so that they could receive any calls made to my number. My good friend left a message and it was then they knew we were looking for it.

I thanked them profusely. Twice the communication device went missing and twice it was found by two very honest couple. These two incidents have given me a good impression of Singaporeans in general.

Of course I should not push my 'luck' too far by losing it again. This is truly the story of my life. Sigh. I am always that careless.

As I looked back, both cases I had promptings that I might lose my phone. The first I got a hunch at the beginning of that particular week the incident happened and the second it was a warning by my God-Son's parents to be more careful since they know I always tend to lose my things.

Obviously I did not take heed but enough is enough... I shall be extra careful from now onwards. :(

I have one confession to make though - while I was looking for my mobile set, there was a thought I entertained... it was just this phrase - "Hmmm... which handphone shop should I go to tomorrow to buy a new set?" Hahahahaha!

I can laugh about it but on a serious note, it is actually not funny. Well, this speaks lots about how I take things for granted. Instead of feeling bad or heartache, I actually did not really care much about losing my things.

Something I need to keep training myself to be a good steward of what God has given me.

Anyway, I am very tired now - in the morning, I joined the Youth Ministry (YM) in their Games Day - it was fun fellowshipping with my younger siblings-in-Christ. I brought my camera and took a couple of shots. After about an hour and a half of games, we headed back to church.

I had lunch with my God-Son's parents and grandma... we had an ala-carte buffet at Suki Sushi. We ate till our hearts' content. I also praise the Lord for the fellowship I had with them.

After that it was off to their home where I baby-sat my God-Son while his parents slept. Haha. I read storybooks to him and played balls where he kept throwing them at me while I tried to duck. I attempted to make my God-Son sleep by playing a sleeping game - simply by keeping silent. It worked for while but I knew the whole plan failed when he landed on my tummy as if he was a wrestler. Haha! All the sushies I had earlier almost came out of my mouth while he slammed onto me.

Oh yah! My God-Son's father, who just came back from a Hong Kong business trip, bought Krispy Kreme donuts and I had three in total! Yummy! In my opinion, no donut joints in Singapore can beat this particular brand founded in 1937! J Co comes in second after trying their donuts just last week!

Alright, I shall not talk about food anymore but to prepare some stuff for a brand new week ahead.

Good night, every one and have a blessed week of adventure ahead!

"For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it." 1 Timothy 6:7

No comments: