Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Soccer Matches May Kill!

Since last night, I only had three hours of sleep. As expected, I succumbed to the temptation of watching the second leg of the Liverpool-Arsenal Champions League Quarter-Final. Initially I wanted to only sneak a peek or two, as mentioned in my previous blog, but when I saw Arsenal scoring the first goal, I was glued to the television screen from then on. Sigh.

Oh yah, I almost could not write today's blog. The reason? I nearly died from several heart attacks throughout the 90 minutes of the match!

When the Reds had to take a penalty to go one goal ahead of the Gunners after they drew level, I was hiding behind a wall - no courage to watch Steven Gerrard attempt the shot on goal. If he had missed, Liverpool would surely have been out of the Champions League for sure due to the away-goal rule. Of course he scored and Liverpool led 3-2. I was contented with that score but of course they made it even sweeter and nicer when another Reds scored the fourth!

I went to bed smiling but I woke up frowning because I was so zombified! Haha!

With my eye-bags as big as two bowling balls and eye-rings as black as charcoal, I headed for office to prepare for the meeting which lasted 5 hours! It went well though! Thanks be to God for that!

I struggled to stay awake at times but of course from the trainings I received in the Drama and Music Fellowship at church, I pretended as if I had 10 hours of sleep the night before! Haha! Kidding!

After clearing some work in office and sending out some stuff pertaining to the wedding that I am coordinating this Saturday, I left for home early to rest.

Not much time for reflection today. I actually have a burden to share but I am still gathering my thoughts and will refrain from writing hastily.

Time to go!

Good night!

No comments: