Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How Is Our Conscience?

Even as I type this blog, my tummy feels like it is going to explode anytime! A slight pressure will be enough to detonate it. Haha. I over-ate when I had ma-la steamboat buffet with two dear siblings-in-Christ. As usual, I had more than I could take and I am suffering the consequences now. Andy Chew is a greedy PIG! :)

I am stuggling with a thought now and I hope to make it right tomorrow. I think the restaurant under-charged us when they sent us the bill. My brother-in-Christ said yhey may have forgotten to include the cost of the soups which was $10. I do not know whether it was an over-sight on their part or that they did not charge us because tonight they had a promotion which we were informed about when we arrived. Anyway, I shall give them a call tomorrow to clarify.

I am writing this not to boast because I gain nothing from doing this. I am sharing this because I want to remind all of us that though we may think we can get away with this by ignoring the matter but God knows every move we make. One day when our time on earth is up, we have to account everything to Him. Why be afraid of standing before Him in judgement when we can right the wrong while we are still alive and keep our conscience clear?

I have to admit that I wanted to just put the matter aside but till now, my mind is still not at ease. I also want to write this on the blog so that those of you reading this can keep me accountable.

Well, I shall write again about the outcome when I call the restaurant tomorrow.

Anyway, I am all geared up for the Chelsea - Liverpool Champions League semi-finals second-leg match. Another two and a half hours - I do not wish to sleep for a while as I fear I may not wake up on time to watch the game. I am hoping the Reds will win though the Blues have a slight advantage due to the away-goal rule. The first-leg match ended in a 1 - 1 draw. I hope I will not die from a heart-attack later.

I shall stop here for now - I have a couple of stuff to do.

Thank God tomorrow is a public holiday - not much of a rest as I have a cook-out session. Haha. More eating but I promise to watch the amount I will be chomping. :)

"I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live." Job 27:6

No comments: