Sunday, April 27, 2008

Humility Is Not A Weakness

On my way back from dinner with my God-Son and his parents, our car almost met with an accident with a Thai-registered pick-up and we encountered a near-miss between a motor-bike and a taxi.

The pick-up just swerved out of his lane and went into ours. Even though it was his fault, he still did not signal and insisted on cutting in. If my dear brother-in-Christ did not swerve away in time, an accident would have occured. Throughout that incident, the pick-up driver did not seem to be apologetic at all.

As for the second incident, the taxi was in the wrong as he swerved out of nowhere without looking for blindspots. Again, the driver just went on even though his taxi had touched the legs of the motorcyclist and his pillion-rider. It would have been a scary sight if the bike had toppled over. My dear brother-in-Christ honked at the taxi and it was then it went back to its original lane.

The drama did not stop there though - the motorcyclist was angry with the taxi-driver and demanded that he stopped to account for the incident. The taxi did not stop. At the next traffic light, the motor-cyclist drove next to the taxi and scolded the driver for being careless. From where we were, we could tell that the cabby was not apologetic at all and even started gesturing at the couple on the bike.

Both incidents were sad sights of how sometimes we know we are in the wrong but because of pride, we refuse to admit mistake and right the wrong by apologising.

I guess that is why this world will always encounter wars and unrest because one party or both parties or sometimes several parties of human beings refuse to give in and seek reconciliation.

It is tough to deal with the world because it is just so big but we can start small with ourselves first. If ever we have done something wrong against someone; even though we know our reputation will be at stake if the mistake has been admitted, let us be humble, brave and courageous enough to do the right thing. I guess we know what that is, ya?

It is equally important for us to learn to help correct each other and bring all to reconciliation - if one can help two and two can help four and the mulitplication process goes on, this world would be a better place to live in. It is as easy as that. Don't believe? Just start with yourself and see how it goes from there.

I have a confession to make - this morning I did not feel like going to church and was tempted to just sleep in. Not that I am sick of church or that I do not love my God Almighty anymore. It was just that I was not disciplined enough to ensure that I do not tire myself out the night before, knowing that the next day I have to go to church to worship God with the rest of my siblings-in-Christ.

Though I had to drag myself out of bed, crawl to the kitchen to brush my teeth and hose myself down with cold water, it was not a bad choice afterall.

I had a refreshing time of worship with my Heavenly Father; an enriching moment of fellowship with my siblings-in-Christ; and I left church with a renewed desire to face whatever challenges that might come my way during this new week of adventure. Thanks be to God for that!

Well, I have written enough for the day. Time to sleep soon.

Have a blessed week, everyone and good night!

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Colossians 3:13

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32

No comments: