Wednesday, April 16, 2008

God Is Not A Dictator

I just came back from a Missions Committee meeting with the Country Coordinator to Cambodia. The issues discussed tonight were heavy but I left the meeting feeling very refreshed, excited and enlightened.

Many of our doubts and uncertainties were cleared. Now I have a better idea as to how the Committee can move forward in our ministry effort to this country that God has called my church to.

The road ahead will not be easy but with God's hand guiding the Committee and the church, I know everything will be alright in Christ! :)

Prior to the meeting, I had a good time of catching up with my God-sister whom I have not seen for a while. I left work earlier to meet her after she was done with school. She came over to play with my dog and I had to also do something for her. We had dinner at Sushi Tei and it was her treat. I was touched by her generous gesture.

Well, though I wish I can meet her more often, our commitments do not allow us to. I just pray that the Lord will continue to be real in her life and that she will always trust Him to guide her in all that she does.

I still owe her a birthday treat and I am looking forward to the day when we will be celebrating it somewhere. I have yet to decide of a place.

Anyway, work today has been quite hectic. I had to go for a three-hour meeting this morning and it was so heavy-going that I left the office drained. I guess the meeting in church sort of balance the whole thing out. Haha.

I am feeling better emotionally when I woke up this morning. My heart is still burdened over grandma and mum. I guess I can only leave this concern to God and trust that in His time He will open the eyes of these my loved ones and bring about healing of relationships and emotions. I am also going to be there for them and hopefully I will be able to help them mend their hurts.

What I wrote in my last blog has reminded me that God does not want to dictate what we should do with our lives. He does advise and show us how through His Word; through our siblings-in-Christ; through promptings; etc. The rest is up to us to see which directions we want to take. Many times we know where we should go and what we should do but sadly, we tend to choose otherwise.

When that happens, we become bitter and frustrated. Sometimes to the point of blaming God or others for our miseries rather than ourselves.

Anyway, I will always seek God first in all I do. I am assured that in doing so, I will not go wrong and that in all things He will work for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

No comments: