Friday, April 18, 2008

Opportunities Once Missed May Be Gone Forever

I am writing this blog now in a Starbucks Cafe at The Central, next to Clarke Quay. I left work earlier to go to Singapore General Hospital to donate blood. I just finished and since I am in a limbo now as I have a Youth Alpha course at 6:30pm, I thought I take this time to jot some thoughts down at a cafe.

It has been a great day so far. I had an accountability group meeting in the morning at 6:30. It has been a while since I last met four of my older brothers-in-Christ. The fellowship was wonderful as we updated each other about our lives - our encounters; struggles and dreams. I am so happy for one of my brothers as his wife is now expecting a child. They have been trying for more than two years already. I was getting a little worried for this dear couple. All of us in the group has been praying for one another about our needs and God has indeed answered our pleas. Thanks be to God for that!

I just realised there is a baby boom in my church now as there are about 5 couples who are going to be parents. Of course I am looking forward to the arrival of their babies - many chances to play with them. :)

Anyway, during the time of sharing, I was burdened with an issue concerning my life - I wonder sometimes in my procrastination in certain periods of my pilgrim's journey, whether I have missed certain chances which God has given me. I will not go into details but the thought happened to bug me as I was on my way to campus. Well, I guess it is for me to reflect and see how I move on from here.

I am glad the weekend is here but tomorrow is filled the Youth Alpha course again till 6pm. Just as much as I want to learn more from this seminar, I also hope to have a restful weekend. I pray the Lord will give me the opportunity to do so.

Even as I type now, I am actually feeling a little sleepy - I hope I can persevere in the three-hour session later. Haha.

I guess I shall stop here for now. More thoughts later perhaps. :)

Praise the Lord for a great week!

No comments: