Monday, April 28, 2008

Why Complain Even Though Life Is Good?

I have another confession to make. Now as I looked back, I realised how ungrateful I have been when I made an insensitive remark.

This morning before I went out, grandma told me to come home for dinner as she is cooking nasi lemak for the family. It is one of my favourite dishes and grandma cooks top-grade nasi lemak. It goes especially well with the sambal prawns, fried eggs and sambal kangkong.

Well, though I wanted to stay over in campus tonight, I decided to go back and have dinner with my family. All the three side dishes I mentioned above were on the dining table. Was I satisfied? Not at all! Instead I complained as to why she cooked the sambal prawns differently - the sambal has always been the sweet kind but today she decides to cook it in another style which was not to my liking.

Did that give me the right to complain? Not at all! This shows how spoilt I can be even at this age. I should have considered myself blessed already to be able to come home and have meals cooked by grandma who is already 84 years of age. Instead of being grateful and thankful, I made a fuss out of it.

Grandma did not say much when I made those remarks. Inside her, she must have been hurt because I know she always cares for this family.

I have to apologise to her tomorrow when she is awake. Time to count my blessings and not be a stupid fool. I guess this is the result of how one is being over-blest. Complaining just because the dish is cooked differently when there are millions who do not have a chance to even have one meal a day.

One more thing - the complain was made after I said grace. Have mercy on me, Lord.

So much for that. Yesterday, my church's Assistant Pastor preached on "Prayer and Healing" and today I have to put that to practice. I was informed by my Pastor-in-Charge that one of the missionaries' son had to go for an emergency operation because his lungs suddenly collapsed.

I mobilised the Missions Committee to begin interceding for the missionary-couple and their son. Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace - the surgery was a success and he is now recuperating in the Intensive Care Unit.

Truly God is good! Well, I guess we should not undermine the power of prayer and every Christian needs to pray for one another especially during times of need.

I have not shared this in my blog about how God healed me from a serious injury several years ago. I will testify about it tomorrow when I blog again.

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops." James 5: 13-18

"... give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: