Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Power of Togetherness

Today is one of the rare moments when I am able to visit my favourite cafe in Ngee Ann City Shopping Centre. I had a meeting in town and was done by 3:30pm. Since it was no point for me to go back campus and also later my family and I are celebrating mum's birthday, I decided to pay my Coffee Bean friends a visit.

One of the staff, whom I have shared about in my previous blogs, was so happy when he saw me. I praise the Lord that he is doing fine. He came over to chat with me since he was having his break. It was thoughtful of him to update me on some of the staff I know. He told me he has to work a 12-hour shift today and I encouraged him to press on. He smiled.

I have just been informed by the outlet manager that the cafe will be closed for good come November this year. They will be moving to another new shopping centre along Orchard Road but the manager is not sure which one it will be or where the current staff will be transferred to. I felt sad when I was told of this news. I hope they will all be together still. :)

I was also pleasantly surprised when I bumped into an ex-manager of another Coffee Bean outlet in Millennia Walk. She was in a rush so I did not get to talk to her - instead I messaged her. I hope to catch up with her since it has been a while since I last saw her.

My heart is burdened for a sibling-in-Christ from another church whom I got to know when I attended the Young Methodist Leaders' Conference (YMLC) last year. She was in my mentor group. I got a message from her just now that she had a spiritual attack last night when she felt as if she was pinned down by something or someone. I will continue to pray for this sister daily and trust that the Lord will protect her. I am also going to do some research on this so that I can better help her and others who are experiencing the same trial.

This incident has reminded me not to let the Word of God depart from my mouth and heart so that I can use it to encouarge my siblings-in-Christ who may be struggling in their lives. I also see the need to not be contented with the current knowledge I have about God and to continue to read up more so that I can better counsel others in need.

I guess in doing so, every member in God's family can help each other when in need.

Well, I shall stop here for now. I have a couple of ministry matters to look into. Looking forward to feasting with my family as we celebrate mum's 63rd birthday. I hope she will not kill me for revealing her age on this blog. Haha.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

No comments: