Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Meeting Immediate Needs

The past few days I have this hunch that I will either lose my wallet or mobile-phone or both. It came true just now when I was buying dinner before going to a wake. I dropped my phone while boarding a dear brother-in-Christ's car.

In fact I did not know that it was missing. It was only about an hour later that I realised it. I thought I dropped it in the car - I went to check but to no avail. My brother-in-Christ tried calling my number. There was no reply the first time but at the second try, a gentleman picked up and informed us that he found my phone and it was at the carpark lot where we were earlier.

My brother-in-Christ drove me to the Muslim restaurant along Upper Bukit Timah Road, opposite Beauty World Shopping Centre. The kind elderly man, with his wife, waited patiently for our arrival and handed the phone to me when I approached his car. I thanked him profusely for having found my communication device. He smiled and we went on our way.

As I needed to rush back to campus, I was given a lift by the same dear brother-in-Christ. I was grateful for that as I have a lot of work yet to complete for the presentation and meeting that I am conducting tomorrow.

Anyway, it has been a tiring day at work. Towards the late afternoon I had to travel from the West to the East as I needed to send a dear brother-in-Christ and his family off at the airport. Though sad to see them leave but I am also joyful and encouraged that the Khmers of Cambodia will be blest by their ministries.

Frankly, I did not plan to attend the wake as I knew the amount of preparation not done was super-daunting. In the end I decided to go - work will perpetually be there and it can be dealt with eventually but to comfort a dear sibling-in-Christ who has just lost a loved one is an immediate need that I have to fulfill as a brother-in-Christ.

Well, I guess that is something we have to sacrifice at times - occasionally we have to weigh which is more important. To me, touching a life will always exceed other priorities.

I think I can forget about sleeping early tonight. I can even stop dreaming of watching the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final match between Liverpool and Arsenal at 2:30am later. Sigh.

Anyway, time to go!

Liverpool! I know you can kick the Gunners out of the Champions League! :) Knowing this Andy Chew, I think I will probably sneak a peek or two later when the match commences. Haha!

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:9-21

No comments: