Sunday, January 15, 2012

Re-Solutions

This morning I was feeling a little sad over a matter which once in a while affects me because I was reminiscing some happy memories. I know I should be happy since they are happy memories but when I compare then and now, things have changed and that is the sad part for me.

I know things will never remain the same but I cannot understand why it has to change so drastically. I am being vague here and I will keep it as that.

Sometimes I wonder some of the things I deliberately choose not to do are the right choices but I still feel that they have to be done for the sake of a situation or a person. I have never wanted it that way but sometimes I am forced to make decisions against my comfort zone and I pray they are doing good for a particular circumstance or individual.

Anyway, I think that is part and parcel of one's life journey where sometimes there are thorns which will be part of one's adventures. Of course I am also praying that things will improve over time and that is one thing I will keep on praying.

This morning I was reminded that I must always remain in Jesus, who is the vine. In my life there are many branches and there will always be some which are not bearing fruits. I must learn to allow Him to cut off these branches so that I can grow and develop to be the individual God has always wanted me to be. Many times I allow bad branches to hinder my growth in Him and other areas of my life and this should not be so.

Well, this leads me to the word "resolution" which is always part of one's agenda when entering into a new year. For me, I have learnt to see the word in a different light this year. I see "resolution" as "re-solution." This may just apply only in my life so please do not quote me when I define this word based on what I have experienced so far in my 40 years that I have been on earth.

I think there are many things in my life which I know I need to do but I do not do or not doing enough. Hence they hinder my growth and in the development of my character. Knowing what I need to do is already a solution but what happens when I do not use this solution. Well, the obvious thing to do is to try again and to me I would see this constant trying as "re-solution." because "re" basically means "again." It can also mean that one has been doing it but it needs to be an on-going action hence every year, the resolution is the same.

Do not be discouraged if you have not been keeping up with your resolutions. It is not the end of the road if you have failed... keep trying and that is where you will grow! It is only when you give up that you stop growing. And when making resolutions, consider those which will help you grow in character and in your outlook in life because these are ones which will last forever and beneficial to you!

In the past one year or so, there is only one thing I see as the MOST important thing that I need to keep doing and that is growing in my walk with God constantly. If ever I need to make resolutions, this is it! One and only because if my walk with God is right and growing, I know basically what I need to do with my life - in the areas of my relationships with my family and friends; in my life's goals; in understanding what money is to me; in seeing what I own as not mine; in being thankful in all circumstances be it good or bad; etc.

Well, I hope I make sense in my sharing above. Haha. :)

Anyway, it feels good that I need not work tomorrow because Mondays are my free days since I opted for a four-day work-week! It is not meant for me to wild them away but to use these off days to basically rest in the Lord, to spend time with my family and not forgetting my friends too. :)

Have a blessed week, everyone! :)

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:1-8



No comments: