Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th Is Just Another Day

Friday the 13th - a day many people are afraid of. A day when many would prefer not to take risk and play it safe. A day when every one is extra careful when crossing roads, switching on electrical appliances, etc.

This fear instilled upon humans are all man-made. Simply because 13 is considered an unlucky number due to it being irregular in numerology and Friday being considered inauspicious (e.g. Black Friday being associated with stock market crashes and even to the point of Jesus being crucified on a Friday) should not become a bondage upon any individual.

Every day there are deaths, suicides, divorces, accidents, earthquakes, etc. One should not think that Friday the 13th has a higher probability of all these misfortunes or calamities.

Today there are two misfortunes befalling upon two groups of friends - two dear siblings-in-Christ met with a vehicular accident but both are spared from serious injuries and another two dear siblings-in-Christ had to deal with a missing maid only to find out today that she has committed suicide.

When I posted the above-mentioned online, some messaged to inform me that it is due to Friday the 13th.

As much as it might seem coincidental, I reminded myself that fear is not of my God whom I worship, for fear is of this world. Even if fear is to grip me, I will pray and trust that my God will protect me and I will continue on with life. My God is greater than anyone and anything and I will at all times focus my eyes on Him than on all these folklore and superstitions.

So much for that. No point writing on such nonsensical matter.

This morning, my team had to give a presentation on the curriculum planning which we have been tasked to do for this semester. As much as we were anxious, we gave our best and thanks be to God, our proposal has been accepted. We were given the green light to carry on with our plans and I am already looking forward to them! Work will begin proper after the Lunar New Year celebration. For now, I have asked my team to concentrate on the celebration for now and be ready for our task ahead after the festive period.

Well, unlucky day? Nope, it was a happy and blessed day for my team and I! In fact, I praise God for blessing me with such enthusiastic team members even though we have worked together for only a week. All of them worked so hard this week. No one even complained about having to rush the presentation. We just wanted to do it once and do it well and it went that way. Hallelujah! :)

After the debrief I left campus to head for the hospital to meet the doctor and therapist. I was supposed to do so yesterday but it was postponed. I was updated on grandma's condition. Though I was informed that she has been a bit naughty lately by not wanting to do all the exercises required, her overall recovery progress is positive. There might just be a possibility that she will be home by next week. Well, that is good news! :)

I had to run some errands after that - to settle the medical bills for grandma's admission and surgery when she was in Tan Tock Seng Hospital for 22 days; had to go to the bank to settle some matters; then to an electrical fair in Suntec to check out some appliances which I need to buy for the apartment I rented in campus.

I also went to buy some new year goodies for my family in anticipation of the festive celebration which is just one week away.

As much as I am tired, I am glad I managed to complete all the To-Do list for the day. :)

Once again, unlucky day? Nah! This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice in it! :)

No comments: