Friday, January 20, 2012

Praise God For Life!

I am blogging my thoughts in the train now. I managed to find a seat and thought I just write since I have not done so for a while.

First of all, I want to thank God for the ability to wake up this morning to breathe in the fresh air and also to look at the sunrise. These are things which we sometimes take for granted. I am reminding myself about this because yesterday my friend and I almost met with an accident when a taxi suddenly swerved into our lane.

Though my friend was annoyed and the taxi driver seemed unapologetic, what matters is that a serious accident was averted and we are still able to experience life.

I felt bad about the whole incident because if I had not accepted my friend's offer to give me a lift home, the above-mentioned would have been avoided and perhaps her evening would have ended in a happier note.

Anyway, though the day did not end the way I hoped it to be, I learnt a couple of lessons here and will cherish them in my heart and apply them in future.

I met my godsister's cousin for breakfast at Vivocity and at the same time collect some orders I made for the Chinese New Year celebration. It was a great time spent with him as we talked about my work, his school, our passion for cycling and other topics of interest. Praise God for this dear buddy. Though it was just an hour spent chatting and eating at McDonalds, it was an enjoyable one. :)

Towards the later part of the afternoon, I brewed something for grandma, my parents and also a friend. I hope they all like it because I did not get to see them drink it. :)

The evening was spent with my friend having a Peranakan dinner. We had Babi Pongteh, Assam Pedas and also Chap Chye at Joo Chiat area. After that we went to do some grocery-shopping. I also bought a vacuum cleaner as the old one is falling apart.

I woke up with a heavy heart and I will keep it as that. When I reach campus later, I will take some time to pray about it.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

No comments: