Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Great I AM Defines Who I Am

Before I start blogging proper, here's wishing everyone a very happy birthday. Accordingly to the Chinese tradition, the seventh day of the Lunar New Year is supposedly everyone's birthday! :)

How time has quickly flown by and my one week of break is going to be over soon. Well, praise God for the celebration I had with family and friends. Praise God for taking care of grandma! She has been home for one week. Though she gave us a scare by a fall on the second day of her discharge, praise the Lord that she is protected from another serious injury. In fact, the past two days, she seemed to be walking faster than before. She is also able to pull herself out of bed without the assistance of mum or me. The pain which she initially complained about after the fall is almost non-existent too. Hallelujah!

All these I can only attribute to one thing - answered prayers! Amen? :)

Though I am supposed to take the past week of public holidays and leave to rest, I did not really have the chance to. I was busy cooking for my relatives and visitors who came over. I had to wake up a couple of times in the middle of the night to accompany grandma to the toilet. I had to clean up her room or the living room occasionally when she leaked while walking to the loo. I had to make sure mum and dad had ample rest because when I am not in, either running errands or going for appointments, they will be the alternative care-givers.

Well, no matter what, God has seen me through the above-mentioned and to me, that is enough. So long as what I am doing is for the good of grandma and my parents, I am contented. I just want them to be happy and well. :)

I learn today that what I do here on earth does not define who I am but it is what God has done on the cross that defines me.

In this world, many times we think we are who we are by what we do. That includes failures or mistakes one experiences or commits respectively. If one fails in something, one is branded a useless or good-for-nothing. When one commits a crime, say taking someone's life, one is branded as a murderer. But do you know when Jesus died on the cross for the sins of man, He did it because He sees everyone of us as precious souls worthy to die for?

We are not condemned but redeemed.

If we can just grasp this, there is no need for us to win the favour or recognition of men. There is no need for us to toil so hard in school or at work or at home for people to accept us. If we know our identity in God, there is no fear of making mistakes or failing in some stages of our lives because we know we are not judged by all these but instead, God is always there to run with us till we are back on track again. We are basically never walking alone. God will be there from the start of the race and He will be there with us to the very end too! :)

A revelation also came to mind when I was pondering on the above thoughts. If I know who I am in Christ, I will also know His heart and knowing is not enough, I will follow after His very heartbeat. This means I know what I need to do with my life. I will be clear in what are the things to pursue after. I will basically live my life based on what is necessary to see me through my days on earth. There is no point pursuing what one cannot bring along with him when he leaves this earth. If we can practice this, I think life on earth would be much happier and easier to trod.

From this lesson learnt, I am challenged to weed out those areas which are sucking me dry unnecessarily and basically feed on what is vital to keep me heavenward. :)

I also had a chance to spend some time with a dear friend in cycling last Wednesday, watching a movie on Friday and having meals together. I always praise God for moments like these with friends and I look forward to more of this in the near future.

Well, this week onwards will mark the start of the curriculum-planning where research, brain-storming and probably meetings with relevant authorities or universities or agencies go into full-swing. I am looking forward to them because I have a great team which God provided me with. As much as a lot are expected of us, I am not going to be bothered by that but basically to give my best in every area of this project which has been entrusted to me. :)

I guess that is all. I am bringing grandma for her medical review tomorrow. It is my prayer that she is recovering well. :)

Good night, all! Have a blessed and great week of adventure ahead! :)

No comments: