Saturday, January 21, 2012

Grandma Is Home!!!

Just finished preparing the broth needed for the steamboat reunion dinner tomorrow. I am also done with the laundry. It has been a long day but praise the Lord for seeing me through it.

In the morning I wanted to go for a ride on my bike but calculating the time needed, I decided against it. The reason is due to grandma's discharge from the hospital. Praise the Lord!!!

My brother and I went to fetch her home. I could see the smile on her face when she donned on her own clothes and ditched the hospital garb which she has been wearing since 8 December 2011. Yup, one month and 13 days in total!

Anyway, from the ward to the car-park, she was on her new wheelchair. When we arrived at our block, she alighted and insisted on using the walking frame. Walked she did and climbed she succeeded! Yup, she climbed the four flights of stairs by holding on to the railings with one hand and the other on my brother's arm. She was tired when she reached the third level but I was so proud of her! :)

As always, our dear Miss Sasha ran out to greet grandma and she did that a couple of times, galloping in and out of the house.

Well, that marks the whole saga which started on the last month of last year... now on the first month of the new year, grandma is recovering well and she will be healed completely sooner than later! God has answered the prayers of those who interceded for her throughout this period. I am especially thankful to my church members, who are on the PrayerNet, and always keeping grandma in prayer daily! :)

Till now, everything has been going well except for one incident where grandma leaked when she was walking to the toilet but the other visitations to the loo were fine!

I bought this wireless twin-receiver door-bell for grandma to call my parents or me when she needs assistance. Well, it has been so effective that I even got scolded for taking my time to her room when she buzzed for us this evening. Maybe I should just turn the buzzer off and pretend I did not hear anything. Hee hee. :)

Grandma's appetite was great too! I cooked her favourite dishes to be eaten with porridge and boy oh boy, she ate like she has not eaten for months! :) Anyway, I am glad she is eating well. Praise the Lord!

Other than taking care of grandma, I also prepared the ingredients for the reunion dinner and even had the chance to clean the windows!

I rested for a short while before leaving for Marine Parade to collect some foodstuff from a dear friend. I also needed to pass her some things. After that we shopped for a while at NTUC and we bought Mandarin oranges and a bottle of milk.

Well, it has been an eventful day but a good one! Praise the Lord! :)

Time for me to catch some sleep! Tomorrow another long day but looking forward to it! :)

Good night, all!

No comments: