Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Buy! Busy! Busy! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Tomorrow will begin a hectic two-week schedule, beginning with the Youth Camp at the BB/GB Campsite in Sembawang. I am looking forward to the five-day adventure with the youths from my church and also their friends. This year's response is exceptional because out of the 100 attending, 45 of the campers are actually guests. It is also one of the biggest camp we have ever held in years. Praise the Lord!

What I am praying for now is that at the end of it all, it is the quantity which matters but more so the lessons these youths can take home with them after the camp. Well, that one I will leave to God to do the transformation. :)

Just bumped into my sister's friend and had a chat with her. It is wonderful to see all of them working now and building their careers.

Anyway, back to the busyness I was sharing about. After the camp will be the Youth Ministry's Mission Trip where 16 of us will be leaving for Cambodia to hold another youth camp but this time for the Khmer youths. It is just a 2D/1N camp but I am sure all will enjoy each other's fellowship and also the activities planned.

The team is also heading to a village project some three hours from Phnom Penh. This is a first for the youths. Though we do not know what exactly to expect, we are still anticipating a great time of doing community work for the villagers.

I am also looking forward to this trip though going to Cambodia is like heading back to my second home. I cannot believe that I have been there for close to 30 times since my first in 2010. It is something I have committed myself because of that one Khmer boy who asked whether I will be back again. It was a sincere question as he was wondering whether others who have come and gone on mission trips actually care for people like him.

In all these visits, I have also learnt a lot from the Khmers and I will always cherish them in my heart. Some are tough to practice especially in an affluent country like Singapore but I will press on. :)

I have been feeling a little exhausted too having to take care of grandma's medical needs. Bringing her to and from hospital for her check-ups have been trying for both her and me or sometimes my brother. I just pray that God will continue to sustain everyone and may He make my grandma well soon so that everyone can get on with their lives.

I shall stop here for now.

Have a blessed day, everyone! :)

No comments: