Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Grandma Will Be Well!

I just had a sumptuous Indian dinner with a dear brother-in-Christ. I always thought that those in Singapore are delicious... well, after tonight's meal, I must admit that this restaurant serves better food. We had chicken briyani served in a claypot, garlic naans and also chicken mirch masala. There was a complimentary cup of soup. For starters, there were papadoms with six different kinds of dips.

Anyway, grandma has been discharged from the hospital. It is not just because she is well but the doctor felt that if she stays any longer, her dementia condition may worsen. My brother updated me on this in the middle of the night when I was sleeping... due to the time difference between Singapore and the U.K..

After that I could not really sleep as I was thinking how the family and I can help affirm grandma as her memory slowly slips away. I spent a considerable time praying for her and also asking God for solutions.

Well, in the midst of just being still, I roughly know what I need to do when I go back. Well, it is not the kind of return I would love to look forward to but I cannot have this kind of thoughts. After all, it is grandma I am talking about - the one who took care of me from babe to who I am now.

I guess I will spend more time with her in prayer and also reading the Word of God so that she will be reminded that God is always there to help her and in times when she feels helpless, she can depend on Him for help. I also need to call her a few times a day just to let her know that she is remembered and to assure that I am there for her anytime. This is to ensure that she eats her meals regularly. The doctor suspected that her fainting spell is due to her forgetting to eat her meals regularly.

I need to speak to my parents and brother and also my cousins and uncle to see how we can all unite together to help grandma. It is going to be a bit of adapting to but I feel every one needs to play their part in ensuring that grandma is at no time feeling unwanted or useless.

On my part, I will pray for grandma daily that God has mercy on her and also to sustain her in whatever remaining days she had on this earth.

After praying, I corresponded with my sister and also a dear friend about grandma. I felt better after that.

I am supposed to be in Cambridge today but it had to be postponed as my ex-course supervisor had a staff meeting to attend at the last-minute. It was changed to tomorrow but I received a message earlier that it had to be postponed again. I could understand his busyness as it is also the examination period. Well, I hope before the weekend we could meet. If not, I guess we may not be able to catch up at all.

I did not really have much mood to do anything. I basically went to buy the cycling shades for my friend and I. After days of visiting various optical shops, I decided on one which I felt was reasonable and friendly. Praise God it was the right choice made - not only did the kind gentleman allowed me to change one set of lenses to the photo-chromic ones, he also gave 20% off to both pairs of sunglasses bought. In the end, they cost much cheaper than those sold in Singapore.

I felt bad that I could not get the one my friend wanted as that particular model is sold out. Even for me, I had to settle for another colour because the one I wanted, though there was one available, it had a scratched on it.

Anyway, praise God that the deal was done. :) I also needed to buy a DAB radio for another friend and when the purchase was done I headed back to the hotel to rest.

It was still early but I wanted to just stay in as I did not have sufficient sleep. The other reason was also due to a slight fever I had last night, coupled with a sore throat. Thank God after taking some medications, I am well now.

I shall end here. Oh yah! I finished one out of the two books I brought. I hope I can finish the other before going back to Singapore. :)

No comments: