Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Divine Nudge

It has been almost a week since I last blogged.

I decided to do so today because I want to give thanks to God for giving me a divine nudge (as commented by my pastor) to check on grandma in her room. When I opened the door I was shocked to see her sprawled on the floor. She could not get up as she was feeling very drowsy from the medication that she took.

Anyway, she pee-ed on the floor and I had to change her clothes and clean her up before mopping the floor. I am thankful to God for protecting her from any injuries. She is now sleeping and I pray she will feel better tomorrow.

I just finished doing the laundry and will probably carry on doing an article which I am supposed to submit by tomorrow afternoon. I am almost 75% done. I should be able to complete them before I hit the sack.

The past three days have been busy with the Trinity Annual Conference meetings at Toa Payoh Methodist Church. I did not go yesterday as there were enough delegates representing my church.

Since coming back from London, it has been dealing with home matters especially grandma's health condition. My brother and I took turns to bring her for her medical check-ups. Sometimes in the middle of the night I would wake up abruptly just to ensure that grandma is okay.

It has been draining physically, emotionally and mentally but I praise God that spiritually He is keeping me going. I am constantly being reminded that He is in control and that no worries can help me solve any matters. All I can do is to trust God to help me do what I can and to carry out my role as a occasional care-giver joyfully.

Yesterday I decided to take a break from home matters to just go out and chill. A dear friend and I went to Johor Bahru after we queued up to register for the OCBC Cycle Singapore 2012. We thought the goodie-bags for the first 300 were full of good stuff but we were deeply disappointed. Anyway, we quickly got over that as we concentrated on our day trip to Malaysia.

We drove in but the weather was horrendous as it began to pour "dinosaurs and rhinos" as my friend would categorise it. We had bak kut teh (pork ribs soup) for lunch. It was good. We also ordered the pork knuckles cooked in dark soya sauce. We each had a bowl of rice but we could not finish them. As usual the meal was good and cheap!

Next was to Tebrau City where there is this huge supermarket. We spent the remaining part of the afternoon in that mall. We snacked a little here and there. We window-shopped. It was the grocery-shopping which was the finale. We bought quite a lot of groceries and other household items as they were cheaper.

The trip ended with a seafood dinner at the same restaurant that my other friends and I always patronised. As it was just the two of us were ordered only three dishes - one crab cooked in salted egg gravy with a tinge of curry powder and leaves; one kilogram of buttered crayfish; and also the tau-hu cooked in maggi light sauce.

That meal was good too. We could not finish them but we had them packed so that my friend could bring home. We did not want to waste the food. I was told she had the meat of the crab and crayfish made into sandwiches which she had them for lunch this afternoon. :)

Before we went back to Singapore, we bought a premium durian and also two soursops at a roadside stall. We also had the petrol tank topped up. By the time we arrived home, it was already almost 11pm.

Well, we got lost twice but thanks be to God for bringing us back on track.

Okay, I would want to write more but I have my article to do.

Good night, all! God is good in all situations! :)

No comments: