Monday, November 07, 2011

Appreciating Worship

This morning I went to All Souls Church for the 9.30am service. Whenever I am in London, this is the church I will attend. The late John Stott used to be the rector of the church. It is sad that he is no more with us but I am also happy that this faithful servant of God is now in heaven.

Today's sermon is taken from Revelation 11:1-19. In context with this passage one thing hit me hard. The preacher shared that sometimes we do not appreciate praising God because we have not experienced suffering enough to know how blest we are and how good God is in our lives. Many times we take our blessings for granted and forgotten from whom these come from.

Usually it is those who are going through hardship and persecution who are more thankful to God for the little things in life. Even the opportunity to live through yet another day warrants them a time of praise to God for His grace and mercy.

Food for thought for the above-mentioned. It was a rebuke for me and I was humbled. After the service I spent some time in prayer asking God to help me be thankful at all times. I also prayed and asked God to help me live a life which is pleasing in His sight and edifying to the people around me. First things first, I will always seek to glorify God. I hope I will be able to press on.

I called home to find out the status of grandma's condition. So far, the doctor confirmed that grandma lacks vitamin B12 and they are now going to supplement her with that deficiency. For her recent weight loss, the medical staff will have to do a CT scan as well as a scope but these can only be done tomorrow. I pray nothing serious will come out of that.

I sent out prayer requests to my sister, cell group and also the mission team to ask them to intercede for granny. Those who saw my FaceBook posting also affirmed me that they will be praying.

I hope all these effort will bring healing to grandma.

Well, after service I brought a dear brother-in-Christ to a steak-house, named Hawksmoor, for lunch. It is also to celebrate his super-belated birthday. The food was not bad and we were very full and satisfied.

My brother-in-Christ left after the meal while I stayed back in Covent Garden to watch the street performances. After that I went to a bike shop in London Bridge area to buy two cycling jerseys - one for a dear friend and the other for me. We thought the design is unique and since the price is right, the purchase was made.

I went next to Selfridges next to buy for another friend some Nespresso capsules.

When all these were done, I was drained physically. Before I went back to the hotel, I bought kebabs for dinner.

Praise God for today. :)

No comments: