Monday, October 17, 2011

Living With The Leaving

I am trying to rush an article which I am to submit to my faculty by tomorrow. I am almost done but I am not satisfied with one portion. Anyway, I should be able to get it done just slightly after lunch time. I want to have it sent out by today so that tonight I can concentrate on my cycling training. Weather permits, that is.

Praise the Lord for the weekend which has just passed. Yesterday I participated in the World Hospice Day ride from Tan Tock Seng Hospital to East Coast Parkway Carpark F2. Prior to that I cycled to Marine Parade to link up with a dear friend who was riding, for the first time, a longer distance on the road. I thought I accompany her just to ensure that she was safe.

Well, praise God for His journey mercies upon my friend and I... and not forgetting the 300 over other cyclists. For the both of us, it was our first time riding with such a big group and we both concluded that it was just too congested. It was an experience though.

One thing I felt upon reflection of the event is that the focus was more on the cycling rather than on the work of the hospices. I thought it would have been more meaningful if we could have visited some of the patients and bring a little cheer to their lives. Probably that may move some to do volunteer work at the different hospices in Singapore.

Towards the end of the event, my friend and I left for lunch at the East Coast Lagoon hawker centre. We both had bak kut teh with pork knuckles and also tau pok. They were delicious. We chatted as we ate and it was another great time of catching up.

The ride home, after walking my friend back to her place, was torturous as I was pretty full and the weather was so hot and humid. Thank God I made it back alive. I had to hydrate myself along the way though.

A cold bath was so heavenly and the bed looked tempting but I had to resist a nap as I needed to rush to church to join the youths in the mission trip planning. I was very encouraged by their enthusiasm in brainstorming the activities together. It was just so heartening to see most of them did not lose steam even though we have not met for a month due to the examinations. I am so looking forward to serving the Lord and the Khmers in December. :)

Next was The All Blacks vs The Wallabies match of the Rugby World Cup semi-final 2. The former won! I cannot wait for next Sunday when they play against France, It should be a good game and I hope The All Blacks will win the trophy!

I was tired when the match ended but I wanted to do photography of the moon. Two dear brothers-in-Christ joined me for dinner at Ramen Champion in Iluma and then it was off to Marina Barrage but the moon rise was at 10.09pm. We decided to go to Singapore Swimming Club to bowl first in the meantime.

Well, the photography attempt was a failure. The moon was not round. We were on a pedestrian bridge which had vibrations when people walked past. The wind was strong and the lens kept swaying. None of the shots were clear enough. After a while we gave up.

Well, an eventful day I had.

Okie, back to my article. :)

No comments: