Thursday, October 06, 2011

Cycling, Reading, Praying And Chatting!

It has been a couple of days since I blogged. I thought this week would be freer for me since I am not helping out at a dear sister-in-Christ's office as she is away on a holiday with her hubby. As I sat down and looked at my schedules, I realised there are a couple of research which I need to do this week as they are due next Monday.

Well, thank God I managed to get most of them done. My fingers are basically numbed from all the typing and now as I close my eyes, all I see are words and more words. Looks like I am not used to all these since I have been away from work for a while but this is a good preparation for me as I look forward to going back on 2 January 2012. :)

Today has been filled with meetings - three in all. Two I had to chair as they come under my purview and one was a long one which I had to attend as it would involve my area of research. It does not help that when I woke up this morning, my thighs weighed like a ton of bricks. Haha. Thank God towards the evening, they are more relaxed and I am already looking forward to an evening of cycling tomorrow with a dear friend - weather permits, that is.

I felt the strain on my legs this morning as I cycled about 60km in total yesterday. 30km to and from my place and another 30km with three brothers-in-Christ from another church. We started from East Coast Parkway carpark F2 all the way to the end of Changi Beach and back to East Coast Parkway hawker centre where we had a drink together.

The ride along the coastal road alongside the runway of Changi Airport was long and straight but it was mentally challenging as the stretch felt like infinity. When you think you are reaching the end, the next thing you know you see another set of street lamps. Certain places were quite dark too, as warned by a dear friend, and one has to be careful especially in spotting a bend. It is quite strange that in the dark, a bend looks like a straight path so one had to be alert. One of my friends fell off his bike because of that. He had some superficial wounds on his arm but thank God he was alright generally.

Anyway, I spent some time with God at the Bedok jetty before I met up with the cycling gang. I basically read the Bible on my iPhone and prayed for a few matters and people. Though in my postings and generally in my blogs, I have been joyful and having fun doing the things I like but in my heart, I still have my burdens for certain people whom I cherish a lot. I also prayed about something which I hope one day will come to fruition but I told God also that it is alright if it does not. Well, He knows what is best for me and I shall trust Him to give me what is beneficial. :)

In my burdens for certain of my loved ones, I told God sometimes I do not know what to do. I am sometimes confused as to whether certain things I do or say will make matters worse. Then when I choose not to do anything about it, I also do not know whether these loved ones will think that I am holding a grudge against them which I am not.

Well, I will continue to keep praying and hope one day everything will fall in place. :)

Oh yah, before I headed home last night, I popped over my god-sis's place and had a chat with her elder sister. I am so happy that she is happily engaged and in the process of looking for a home. It is always a joy to see two individuals coming together and preparing to spend their lives in marriage. :) We did not chat for too long as it was very late and I needed to cycle home but it was a great time spent. Praise God for that!

Okie, I shall stop here. I need to really sleep now.

Good night all and have a great TGIF tomorrow! :)

“Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.” Isaiah 26:4

No comments: