Saturday, October 15, 2011

An Enjoyable Day

I woke up early this morning as I needed to go for a shooting practice as part of my reservist obligation. I almost forgot about this until an army buddy of mine reminded me. Praise God all went well and by about 10.30am, I was done.

I left for Marine Parade to meet a dear friend to pass her some items and also to re-assemble her cyclo-computer which measures speed and cadence. The last time I did it for her, I made a mistake and since both of us are going on a cycling campaign tomorrow to commemorate World Hospice Day, I thought I get them rectified.

Once that was done, I also helped her clean and lubricate the chains so that tomorrow's ride will be a smooth one.

We had lunch at my favourite Japanese joint - Sakuraya. It was a great time of catching up and getting to know one another as we chomped on the yummy sashimi and a couple of other dishes. While eating both of us concluded that we prefer the Sakuraya at West Coast but it has since closed down.

Next was to a bicycle shop along Race Course Road where my friend needed to get her road-bike's handle-bar and saddle adjusted. The boss of the shop, whom we both like, helped us with that. We also met some representatives from the Wilier group, Italy, who were there to negotiate some deals with the shop owner.

Well, thank God that everything has been settled. My friend gave me a lift home while she went on to meet her good friend for their weekly activities. Looking forward to riding with her tomorrow along with some other cycling buddies from the Charity Bike 'n' Blade group.

I came home and did some housework while I watched the Wales - France match of the Rugby World Cup Semi-Finals 1. Well, I was hoping for Wales to win but they lost by one point. The final score was 8 - 9.

I am going to sleep early tonight as I need to be up by 5.30am to meet my friend at 7.00am. I am riding to the East to meet her first before we head for Tan Tock Seng Hospital. I am so looking forward to it. :)

Well, enjoyed myself today. In the morning, I was burdened for someone but I committed that person to God. :)

No comments: