Friday, February 27, 2009

Love With Actions And In Truth!

Ever had this struggle I am having now - where you want to show love and concern for your loved ones but when put into actions, they become a nag, a reprimand and sometimes condescending.

Well, I am going through that now - at home especially. Like towards my mum, who is still recuperating, I want to show my care and concern towards what she eats and drinks but when I tell her the do's and don'ts, it seems as if I am commanding and scolding her. It was not meant to be that way but out of nowhere, what I perceived things to be is not the same in reality.

Another case is towards my dad where I want him to be there for mum when I am not around but when I am trying to convey that message, my tone makes it sound as if he has not been doing that and that he has been negligent.

Last example is towards grandma - she has been showing lots of care and concern for mum as in always making sure that mum eats and drinks properly and sufficiently. Sometimes I feel that she is overdoing them but instead of affirming her that she has been doing right but perhaps overdoing it, I made it sound as if it is wrong in whatever she has been doing so far.

At the end, every one gets affected and instead of things turning out right, they all turn out wrong.

I think I am stressed out by recent events at home. As much as I have been praying but I think I am not totally surrendering. I also think I am putting a lot of burdens on myself and it is perhaps time for me to let go of some and let the rest of the family members to share the load.

Well, praise God for sounding this off. I guess I will need to take time off and gather my thoughts and get my act right.

I am done sharing for today. I pray for a restful weekend and a refreshing time of worship to God on Sunday in church.

Good night everyone!

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:18

P.S.: It is so weird... after all the sharing above, I was thinking what Bible passage should I ponder and popped came this verse when I went to www.biblegateway.com. It just hit the nail on the head! Praise God!

No comments: