Sunday, February 15, 2009

Serve Whole-heartedly







It has been 5 days since mum was discharged and I am glad that she is recuperating well at home. She has been moving around quite a bit. Though I am concerned that she may be overworking herself, I am also relieved that she is at least up and about. I guess she has to do everything in moderation and I will try my best to remind her.

I am still trying to re-energise myself after a hectic two weeks of trying to handle matters at home. Frankly I still feel drained. It does not help that this week will be quite busy with my cousin's wedding and also with matters concerning the Missions Ministry. I am trying my best to get back in momentum concerning this area of responsibility that God has entrusted me with.

One of my weaknesses is trying to handle things by myself and forgetting many times that there is a Committee available to assist me. Today a dear brother from the Committee asked how I was and I guess he is willing to share a load of what I am bearing now. I am encouraged by that and I also praise God for sounding off to me that I need to let go and allow others to help me.

I need prayers from all of you who are reading my blog. I was telling my Pastor-in-Charge that there are many times I want to do a lot of things for God and His people but I just do not have the time to give my all as I have other commitments (like that of home and work matters) to handle as well.

One thing she reminded me of hit me - yes, there are many commitments in life but when we offer God our time for church ministry, it should not be the leftovers. That is so true. I guess I am at this point of my journey where I need to learn to set aside time deliberately for ministries so that they will not be neglected. Easy to say but hard to practice. No matter what, I will try to adapt and change accordingly. :)

Well, a new week has arrived and I will look forward to it no matter what the challenges may be. I know God is still leading the way. I just pray I will have the faith to follow Him.

Oh yah, yesterday I witnessed a vehicular accident right before my very eyes - while a dear brother-in-Christ was giving me and my God-sister a ride home, a car suddenly jammed its brakes along the main road, spun and came to a stop when it hit a side-barrier.

My brother-in-Christ stopped the car by the side of the road and we went to make sure the driver was alright. Thank God he was but his car was quite a wreck. After confirming that he was completely fine, we went on with our journey.

It was quite an experience for me.

Anyway, time to sleep. It has been a tiring day after being at church in the morning; at Botanic Gardens in the afternoon with my God-sister, her sister and nieces; at MacRitchie Reservoir with the running gang. I enjoyed the time of fellowship though. It was refreshing and encouraging.

I enjoyed the time at Botanic Gardens as I was engrossed with my macro-photography where I took many shots of a dragon-fly at very close range (photos attached). It allowed me to admire the beauty of God's creation simply by an insect. :) I also took a picture of a moth when I was at MacRitchie Reservoir (photo also attached).

Good night, everyone and have a blessed week ahead!

"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free." Ephesians 6:7-8

No comments: