Sunday, February 08, 2009

One Step At A Time

It has been a few days since I last blogged. I have been busy and tired with having to run to and from hospital, visiting mum; frustrated with matters of the household as there are much to be done but no time to attend to all; trying to stay positive so that others at home like grandma and dad do not worry unnecessarily.

Sometimes I just needed to get out of the hospital and home just to retain certain sanity and it helps by doing some activities like photography (quite therapeutic, I must say, taking shots of nature and people, allowing me to see things in fresh new perspectives and of course communing with God as I go along) and doing a bit of shopping of groceries and visiting the bookstores and pet shops.

I am supposed to lead worship this coming Sunday but looking at the amount of things I have to handle at home, I had to make a selfish decision by requesting for someone else to replace me. Preparing for worship session takes time and lately it is not easy for me to have that luxury to sit down and seek God in considering the flow of the session and the songs to be used. The Worship Team have been supportive and accommodating and I praise God for my siblings-in-Christ serving alongside me.

Just yesterday I realised I have neglected also the Missions Ministry which I am committed to as a chairperson. It is my prayer that I will adapt to the current situation I am in and at least spare some time to deal with this area of ministry and not lay it dormant.

I submitted all of the above-mentioned to God when I was worshipping Him at the service. I was prompted to do two things: to take one step at a time to deal with the numerous responsibilities and tasks mentioned; to keep in constant step with God by reading His Word so that it continues to fall on good soils and in prayer.

Well, after all the yada yada... praise God mum is feeling better now. She gets tired easily but she is definitely much stronger as compared to the day she was admitted. I requested of the doctor to do a full medical examination on her so that nothing is missed out since mum is an ex-stroke and cancer patient.

Just today I was told mum has a kidney stone which will be blasted some time this week with laser treatment. I guess by tomorrow more results will be released for the other tests done on her.

I am grateful to God for His grace and mercy on mum. The doctor told me the other day that if mum had delayed her admission by another day, she would have suffered a massive stroke and the condition would have been irrevisible. I was relieved to hear that. Truly all thanks and praise to the Giver of life for His goodness!

I shall end here. Need to do some ironing now. :)

ONE STEP AT A TIME!

"Again Jesus began to teach by the lake. The crowd that gathered around him was so large that he got into a boat and sat in it out on the lake, while all the people were along the shore at the water's edge. He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: "Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times." Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'" Then Jesus said to them, "Don't you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? The farmer sows the word. Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop—thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown." Mark 4:1-20

No comments: