Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I Am Just An Instrument

I just finished packing for tomorrow's Young Methodist Leaders' Conference. Actually tomorrow is not the commencement of the conference - the pastors and mentors are going a day earlier to prepare. The youth leaders will only arrive on Friday.

As I was packing, I was also praying for the Lord to equip me accordingly. Frankly I am not as prepared as compared to last year's. No matter what, I trust that the Lord will still use me to be a blessing to my siblings-in-Christ. I feel that my walk with Him is still not up to par. I pray my inconsistency this time round will not cause me to stumble any one at the conference.

Well, I guess that is all I can do for now. It has been a hectic week - I have been trying to clear as much work as possible before I go on leave. I had to rush a few reports and also conduct a couple of meetings - thanks be to God that all went pretty well.

The above-mentioned have taken a toll on my body though - I get tired easily and my mind has not been functioning as effectively as I would like it to be. I hope the conference will allow me to find times of refreshing though I have to mentor a group of 10 leaders.

I guess that is all I want to share for now. I am looking forward to the conference. I pray it will be a wonderful time spent as a body - worshipping the Lord through prayer, studying of His Word and fellowship.

Till I blog again, here's wishing all of you God's blessings and a restful weekend ahead!

"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."Hebrews 10:19-25

No comments: