Monday, September 08, 2008

Being A Relentless Disciple!

I came back from the Young Methodist Leaders' Conference (YMLC) yesterday. I wanted to blog last night but I was so tired that I had to turn in early after checking and replying some emails from work.

All thanks and praise to God for the 4 days spent in Pulai Springs Resort. I went to the conference feeling a little dry but I left having my cup filled and overflowing.

When I was pondering on all the teaching sessions and workshops I attended, I was challenged to constantly let God water me by reading His Word, praying, being still and fellowshipping with my siblings-in-Christ - being accountable to them, that is. I guess it is true, as mentioned by one of the guest speakers, that one has to constantly feed and fan the flame in the life of a leader-disciple.

I also had a great time of fellowship with my mentor-group. There were ten of them altogether and I praise God for each and every one of these my siblings-in-Christ! Though we did not have much time together as compared to last year's, I still enjoyed the sharing and discussions. We only got to know one another for a short while but we were opened to one another! Praise the Lord!

I guess when people who are like-minded congregate together, two things will happen - God's name being glorified and His people edified! Hallelujah!

Well, though the YMLC has ended, I told my group that my commitment to them will be for one year. I look forward to more fellowship with them over the MSN or Facebook or other means of communications. :)

On the first night of the conference which was Friday (Thursday is not counted as that was for the pastors and mentors to come together for a time of prayer and preparation), the Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Community Church spoke about "Renewing the Wesleyan Flame." At the end of the session, he prayed for the many (about 3/4 of the participants) who came forward to receive the anointing of fire. I was one of them.

I did not get a chance to share this with many but after that night, my body has been feeling warm. It came to a point where I had to ask a dear brother-in-Christ for two panadols which I knew he was carrying in his bag as he was unwell.

Even after taking them, I still felt warm. Though I took the medication as a precautionary measure, the feeling I had was not the kind where I am going to fall sick. There were no other symptoms suggesting that. Anyway, even till now the crown of my head still feel that way but I feel perfectly well. Haha. :)

Well, I would love to conclude that God's anointing of fire is upon me now. I shall take it by faith. :)

On the last night, which was on Saturday, the pastors and mentors had to do a time of ministry for those who were called to full-time ministry, to be consecrated from certain struggles of their lives and also for those who want to be more active in the market-place.

As I had prepared myself for the ministry time, I prayed for a few of the youth leaders. As I went forward to the first person, my body began to tremble and I broke out in tongues. As I went from one to another; as I saw some falling to the ground crying and laughing, tears started rolling down my cheeks. It was not the kind where it felt burdensome - in fact, I felt released! All glory to God for all that He has done!

After everything was over, I felt very drained as I left the conference hall. I had initially planned to fellowship with my room-mates but after washing up and laying on my bed, the next thing I knew it was already morning. That was how tired I was.

The next day, one of my room-mates (who is a second-year theological student) shared with me that doing ministry time can be that exhausting.

Well, I will probably commit myself to be a mentor for the next two years, basically to go through the three-year cycle - this year being the first. I will speak to my pastors about this.

I was tempted to take one more day of leave today but in the end, I still went to work. I was expecting to have a lot to do but in the end it was not that bad. I guess the Lord knows that I am still recovering from the conference. :)

I guess that is all I want to share for now! :) Before I key off, I would like to share the words of this song I fell in love with since last year's YMLC.

One Pure and Holy Passion

Verse:
Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after You

(Repeat Verse)

Chorus:
To know and follow hard after you
To grow as your dicsiple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you, my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you

Lord to know and follow hard after you
And to grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you

Have a blessed week everyone! Live as a relentless disciple of God! :)

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments: