Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bless The Unpopular!

I do not know whether I have shared this before. Even if I did, I guess I will share again. The encounter I had this afternoon stirred something in me which I thought it would be good to share in today's blog.

Ever been to a hawker centre or a foodcourt or a canteen and notice that some stalls are hardly patronised by customers? Most of the time we go for those stalls which have the longest queue or by word of mouth from those who have tried them before. I believe we have at least once commented on those stalls which are void of customers, citing reasons that their food is lousy or that there is probably something wrong with the vendors, etc.

Well, during lunch-time today I decided to buy something from a stall with no queue at all. When I made my order, I could see the smile on the vendor's face. I even chatted with him. When he was busy preparing my dish, I also said a prayer for him that God will bless him with more business. When my food was ready, I paid accordingly and bade the gentleman farewell.

I cannot deny that I had questions as to why other stalls' businesses are so brisk and his so lousy? I even had doubts about the standard and quality of his food. Though I had these thoughts in mind, I thank the Lord anyway and took my first bite. Well, it was not that bad afterall and I enjoyed my lunch tremendously.

After I had my fill, I went to one of the conference rooms to spend some time with the Lord. I needed to seek Him as to what songs I will be using for the worship session at the 11:15am service which I am leading two Sundays from now.

As I was praying, I was moved from then on to bless those stalls which are deprived of customers. I must confess it is not easy for a foodie like me to do that but I will try. If this little action can bless these vendors and make their day and give them a source of income, why not?

I hope those of you reading this blog will also do the same - those popular stalls will have enough income to last them through each month but the less popular ones may not. Consider helping them because they too need to survive. If you still have doubts, think about it further, will their food be that bad that it would kill you. I do not think so. Let us try and allow God to use us to brighten someone's day. :)

Anyway, I had a great time of worship as I played the guitar and worshipped the Lord. It was a time of refreshing for me. As I sought the Lord for directions and songs, they came one after another. Thanks be to Him for that!

I was so excited that I quickly shared my thoughts via email with the Worship Team members whom I will be serving with. I am looking forward to a great time of worship with them and also with the congregation when we come before the Lord in praise at the service! :)

Well, it has been a good day though it was packed with meetings.

Time for me to rest and look forward to another day of adventure tomorrow! :)

All glory to God!

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16

"Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD." Psalm 150

No comments: