Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Building And Strengthening Friendship

I had wanted to blog on Sunday after coming back from Melaka but in the end I did not. I do not know why - after my bath, I started sneezing. It went on and on till I had no choice but to take some medication and sleep it off. I had wanted to do some work that evening but could not.

Yesterday morning my flu was still bad. I took some more flu tablets. Towards the afternoon, it eased up and I feel better now. Praise the Lord! I have never sneezed so much in my life. At some point, it felt as if my nose was really going to fall off. Haha. Thank God it did not. :)

Anyway, the trip was fun though it was just two days away from Singapore. The MacRitchie Running Fellowship (MRF) gang have not done this kind of activity for quite a while already. It is rare that most of us could make it. It was sad that two of us could not make it otherwise it would have been the whole gang coming together for a time of reunion!

All of us have been to Melaka several times already but we still found new gems (new restaurants and shopping places) as we travelled around. The whole two days were spent shopping, eating and fellowshipping. We walked and walked from the moment we arrived. A couple of us love durian chendol so it was our quest to try all of this dessert.

I hardly have chendol in Singapore but in Melaka, I think in a day I had about three or four. The whole trip I had a total of about six different kinds. Haha.

Thanks be to God for His journey mercy as we travelled to and from Singapore. He has also been good in protecting all of us from falling sick during the trip.

I learnt a lesson when I was with my siblings-in-Christ whom I have been friends with for more than 15 years! The lesson was not to take each other for granted. Though we all had fun, there were also moments of tension. The main cause was miscommunication or communication breakdown. Taking each other for granted is also another factor.

When we all got back to Singapore, a few of us while having dinner made an evaluation of the trip. It was during this time of sharing that I felt the need to send everyone an email when I got home: first of all, to thank those who took the initiative to book the hotel and also planning the itineraries; to those who drove, enduring the couple of hours on the road and also ensuring the safety of every one in the cars; to all who brought about the fun and laughter!

I always believe in affirming one another first than to dwell on the negative aspects of a person. After doing that, I sought the forgiveness of every one if I had offended any along the way. Praise the Lord the rest followed suit and I believe all is well now! :)

When I went back to office, thank God the workload was not as heavy as expected. Still busy but not to the point of killing me. Yay! I am actually looking forward to the one-week varsity's break commencing this Saturday!

I hope to take one day off to go on a personal retreat. I am committing myself for another year as the Missions Committee's chairperson. I hope the time spent with the Lord will allow me to listen as to where He wants the ministry to go. I also hope God will show me where I should go in my own life, especially in some of my personal pursuits.

Okie, time to end here.

God is good all the time and all the time, God is good! :)

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron's beard, down upon the collar of his robes. It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore." Psalm 133

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Ephesians 4:2-3

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:13-15

No comments: