Sunday, September 28, 2008

God Teaches; We Practice

Today has been an eventful day for me. Yesterday I learnt the need to pray in the midst of curiosity and just now I had to put the lesson to practice.

I was with my sister along Millennia Walk towards one of the entrances to the racing ground when we saw this tourist lying on the grass patch. His girlfriend was with him. As we were walking towards the couple, I could see blood dripping from his forehead. His shirt had bloodstains as well. The lady with the injured man did not know exactly what to do.

I decided to help since I have some knowledge in first aid when I was in the army. We had to use a stack of tissue papers (the best we could find then) for the lady to apply pressure on the gash. While she did that, I had to make sure the man remained conscious by talking to him. I also needed to dab some water on his lips to ensure that he does not dehydrate. I also asked the gentleman to wriggle his toes and fingers ensure better blood circulation.

Medical assistance arrived 15 minutes later. By this time, I was the one applying pressure on the man's wound as his girlfriend's legs were numbed from the squatting position she was in. The medic examined the wound which I could also see. It was deep.

The ambulance came a while later and the tourist from New York was sent to the hospital to have the gash stitched up. I stayed back to help supply the police with some information needed for further investigation.

After that, my sister followed me to the restroom to have my hands washed as there were blood on my fingers.

I am actually quite proud of my sister - though she is scared of the sight of blood, she was near enough to assist with the constant supplies of water and tissue papers when needed. I am glad that she did not faint. Hee. :)

Anyway, throughout she prayed for the man and his girlfriend. I also did that when I was attending to the tourist whom I could tell was drunk. He was reeked with alcohol.

This was just one incident we encountered. The other was when we were done with watching the race - we were in basement one of Raffles City when we witnessed a fight between three ladies and a couple. I guess it was over a staring incident. The three ladies threw containers of soft-drinks at the couple and an argument ensued.

I decided to report the incident to the shopping centre's receptionist who in turn got the securities to handle the case. I pointed the relevant parties to them and they took over from there.

Again, I prayed for the five individuals involved as my sister and I left the scene.

Wow! What a dramatic evening we had! :)

Anyway, I enjoyed the time spent in church the whole morning and early afternoon though I have to admit that I was exhausted after everything was over.

The Missions Ministry's Exhibition went well; the worship I led also went smoothly; and the first missions training session turned out fine in the end. All thanks and praise to God! Glory to Him as well.

Okie, I will share more in the next blog. I am tired and shall go and sleep now.

Have a blessed week ahead!

No comments: