Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Discernment Vs Legalism

A conversation with a sister-in-Christ, who is the leader of the mission team, made me realised how insensitive I had been when a request was being made regarding the missions training sessions.

I was told by her that a member requested to miss the first two training sessions as the dear individual has been overwhelmed with her commitments in church. I was more concerned on the compulsory attendance at these sessions which in the end made me overlooked the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical needs of this team member.

I guess I need to be discerning in future and not be too legalistic. Though this was a lesson learnt for me, I also sense the evil one at work. The preparations of the mission trip have barely started and the above-mentioned are already happening.

It is vital now that all involved in the mission team begin to intercede for one another. I guess we should not take anything for granted and allow God to lead us accordingly.

Well, what a wake-up call for me! Praise the Lord though for sounding it off.

I left work early as I was feeling quite tired. I will try to sleep early tonight too.

That is all for now. God will make a way!

"The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction." Proverbs 16:21

No comments: