Wednesday, September 24, 2008

God Is Always Full Of Surprises!

Half of the one-week varsity's recess is over. I thought I am able to find some time this week to catch a breather but from the look of my current situation, it does not seem to be so.

Since Monday, I have been typing countless reports (many more to go) and replying loads of emails concerning work; as for ministries in churches, I have been drafting pages upon pages of articles for the Missions Ministry Newsletter. I have also been pondering on what I need to do for the worship session for this Sunday's service.

So many things to handle and it does not help when certain plans did not turn out the way I want them to be. When I dwelled on them and tried to deal with the problems in my own strength, what came next were frustration and anger. Sadly, because of this, some of my closer friends became victims in whom I vented my frustrations on.

To make matters worse, my tongue has an ulcer and my lower gum is infected. It hurts each time I open my mouth to speak.

I guess this is one way God is helping me to be still. I guess He wants me to stop complaining and whining (shut up, that is!) and just be still and know that He is God; that He can help me with my problems.

Well, a reminder for me this week - no point getting affected by the obstacles and setbacks of life. Ultimately God will make a way and all will be well again.

There is truth in this because He surprises me once in a while by solving the problems for me without me doing anything at all.

The newsletter that I have to prepare is now short of one article only and I should be able to receive it by tonight; initially my Pastor-in-Charge told me she was unable to write an article I requested for but when I checked my email just now, she managed to do so in spite of her busyness and having to deal with some emergency matters at home.

My God Almighty is One who never fails to surprise His children. Each time I experience that, it brings a smile on my face and I could feel the heavy load being lifted off my shoulders.

Well, all thanks and praise to God!

I shall stop here and carry on with my work! Suddenly I feel a boost in me, like that of a Formula One racing car, ready to conquer the circuit of this week's schedules!

Vroom! Vroom! Time to go!

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16

No comments: