Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Think Before Speaking

Last evening I tried to go for a run and in not even 0.5km into the exercise, I was already struggling. My heart did not feel right physically and till now, it is still a little weird. There is this tingling feeling which I hope will be okay by tomorrow after a night of sleep. I have not been well since yesterday - down with slight flu and sore throat. Anyway, I did not complete the run as I did not want to aggravate my heart.

Anyway, the Mission Team went out to buy all the stuff needed for the trip. We went to Concourse and Beach Road market. Praise the Lord we managed to get everything on the shopping list.

We headed next for church to pack all the clothes and other items to be brought over to Cambodia. Thanks be to God that we managed to contain everything in two luggages and 4 China bags. We weighed all the bags and we were happy that they were not overweight, taking into consideration the personal belongings of every member.

I came home with a heavy heart - nothing to do with the physical condition I mentioned in the earlier paragraphs. :)

I learnt something very important and it was a wake-up call which I am thankful to God for reminding and rebuking me about. I just realised that some comments I made casually affected two of my dearest friends. I did not know how bad it was until we talked about it. Though I did not mean to hurt them, I guess the harm has been done and I pray they will forgive me and allow me to learn from my shortcomings.

I was also reminded not to be too harsh against someone whom I may have prejudice against and I shall endeavour, with the help of the Lord, to be more sensitive.

Well, I am glad that my friends love me enough to correct my mistakes. I guess as I continue with this pilgrim's journey, I will think before I speak - even if it is just a casual comment. :(

May the Lord be my conscience as I press on to be a more sensitive friend to another.

"He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin."
Proverbs 13:3

No comments: