Saturday, November 18, 2006

Guilty Or Innocent

I just came back from the Mission Team Retreat held in Sentosa. It was a full day outing. The Lord was very good to us - He gave us super-good weather. So good till the sun became so hot that many of us almost melted under it. :)

Praise the Lord the retreat was a success. Thanks be to Him! We worshipped God with music and song. We played games in which we got to know one another better. We had a simple lunch of just bread, ham and cheese. We had a devotion where the team members were reminded that we are parts of the body of Christ. The members then spent 1 1/2 hours on personal reflection where they had to do a Bible Study, Temperament Test, Knowing Your Spiritual Gift Test, etc.

I enjoyed the group discussion where we shared about the lessons we learnt from the reflection. I praise the Lord that we now understand ourselves and each other better. May this be the platform where the team will be able to grow closer and that we will be able to spur one another on towards love and good deeds. May this also prepare us better for the trip to Cambodia this Thursday.

The team had dinner together with some members of last year's mission team. The bond amongst the team members was so strong that till date, we still do stuff together. Praise the Lord!

Anyway, I want to share something that was in mind since yesterday but did not get the chance to share then as I was busy finishing up my work.

It will be brief. It served as a reminder for me and I hope it will also for whoever is reading my pilgrim's journey.

Now, in a journey, there is always a destination, an end-point. Two incidents in the past two weeks reminded me of this end-point. I attended two court hearings with my God-Sister where she wanted to know more about how the judicial proceedings are like. These are to aid her in a play that she is going to do with her class.

We visited the Subordinate and Supreme Courts. For the former, it was about how a male teacher molested some of his male students. The latter was about a Criminal Breach of Trust involving a foreign company operating in Singapore.

Anyway, I shall not go into details about the two cases. What I wanted to remind us is this - when we have reached the end of our life's journey, we will be facing the JUDGE of all judges and before Him, we have to account everything that we did here on earth.

Just like the two hearings where the accused's past was dug up and closely examined, so will our lives' past be brought before God.

At the end of it all, do we want the verdict to be pronounced as "GUILTY" or "INNOCENT"?

If we strife to live a life of holiness and godliness, I believe there is nothing for us to fear. But I think we need to be realistic that we can never live a sinless life but all of us can definitely sin less, if we choose to do so, with the intention of glorifying God with our lives.

So let us pray daily that God will give us the desire to live right in His sight and when we stand before Him, we have nothing to fear. :)

May the Lord be our help.

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books."
Revelation 20:11-12

No comments: