Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bad Day, Mate!

Sometimes I wonder whether an Australian would greet someone, "Bad day, mate!" Hardly do I hear that statement. Most of the time is the infamous greetings of "G'day, mate!"

I guess the perception of whether a day is bad or not is dependent on how one chooses to view it no matter how things may not turn out the way it should have been. If that is the case, then everyday can be a good day.

Most of the time we, humans, let circumstances affect us to the point where it affects everything else: work, relationships, moods, studies, service to God, walk with God, etc. Christians, sad to say, are not spared as well.

Well, today almost everything I do did not turn out the way I hope it would:-

1) I needed to do some banking stuff and have made an appointment. When I went to the branch, I was told the person who was supposed to meet me had food poisoning. So the appointment is now postponed;

2) The back of my body broke into rashes in the afternoon - not that serious but can be quite irritating at times;

3) It was raining when I was at City Hall area. As I was walking along the pavement towards St. Andrew's Cathedral, this bus drove by and splashed water all over the right side of me. I was wearing white;

4) I felt feverish when I got home about three hours ago - took my temperature and it was 37.6 degrees Celsius;

5) I had a tiff with a dear sister of mine and it all started with a suggestion to pray together for tomorrow's mission trip.

Well, one of those days, I guess. I am trying very hard to remind me of the passage from 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. Tough to practise it at this time but I will try. I cannot let the devil lay a foothold in this or has he?

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: