Thursday, March 01, 2012

Clearing The Air

I have been working on a report since this morning. I just had my late lunch consisting of home-made ham and cheese sandwiches and orange juice. Nothing spectacular of a meal but sometimes simplicity is enough to satisfy one's stomach when hungry. :)

I just have a bit more to go for the report. After that I will head home and then decide whether I want to go for a ride. A dear friend told me that the central part of Singapore is pouring so I shall see whether the weather permits me to cycle later. I have not been cycling on a regular basis lately because of work and home matters. I hope soon I will be able to do so on a regular basis.

This morning I had to counsel someone regarding a misunderstanding he has with a friend. This particular individual was just trying to be a friend to another. He has always been there for her but lately she has been avoiding him.

He just only found out from another friend that the reason is due to the fact that this friend of his thinks that he is interested in her. My friend shared that he has no other ulterior motives other than just being there for his friends but I guess when it involves an individual of the opposite gender, there is bound to have misunderstandings like this.

I believe in this friend of mine and I told him that so long as his conscience is clear, one day the truth will speak for itself. I also told him to continue to do what he has been doing because that is him. He must not let this one incident stop him from showing genuine concern and care for another, be it of the same gender or another.

What saddens my heart is the assumption one makes without making an attempt to clear the air. A lot of times, misunderstandings can be resolved when both parties can just speak to each other about issues. This not only strengthens the relationship, it also builds trust.

I do not know whether someone else has warned my friend's friend that there could be other reasons than just him being a friend to her. Over the years, I have learnt that not all friends' advice or warning is correct. The sad part is when it is wrong, it creates unnecessary rift between the two parties involved. I always believe that there should be a dialogue between these two parties and that if their relationship is close enough, there should be this openness to share even awkward issues.

I have no issues having friends consulting other friends about matters involving me but one should accept advices with a pinch of salt and should there be any concerns, I would expect my friends to come and clear the air with me.

I am glad my friend is feeling better after pouring his heart out. I hope the issue would be resolved sooner than later. It is always a lousy feeling when such incident happens. Sigh.

Okie, I should stop here and carry on with my report. :)

"The LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought." 1 Chronicles 28:9

No comments: