Saturday, February 25, 2012

Listen. Obey. Do.

The running gang decided to do white river rafting this afternoon. It was done at a Grade 2/3 river where the rapids are quite intense.

Right from the start, we had to follow the commands of the instructor who is seated behind the raft giving commands as to what we should do and all.

It was vital for us to listen to his instructions as he knows best about the river and also the technical aspect of the boat.

In the beginning he was telling us what to do all the time but at the later part, fewer commands were given as my team members knew what to do already.

I guess the above-mentioned can be an analogy of a Christian's life journey.

At all times we must listen to the commands of our Instructor who is God Himself. This comes from reading the Word of God regularly. Not just reading but also practicing whatever it says.

Over time, as we read more and more of the Bible, it becomes part of us that we know what is pleasing and displeasing to God. This then leads to obedience and of course living a life of holiness and godliness pleasing to God and also being a good testimony to the people around us.

It was a great experience when I did the activity because life will have a lot of rapids and only the Instructor knows how to bring us out of them. If we choose not to listen, we will be sucked into the fast currents or be thrown overboard and dragged along by the rapids or even drowned.

Surely I do not want that to happen and I will continue to listen to my God and live my life according to His ways, as His are the best! :)

Well, that said - I pulled my calf muscles and they are now very tight and painful. I'm walking with a limp actually. Hopefully when I go for my massage tomorrow, it would help loosen the strained part.

Praise the Lord for His journey mercies. :)

No comments: