Monday, February 13, 2012

Morning Conversation With God

I went out on a super-early morning walk because I was unable to sleep the whole night. It has been a while also since I brought my doggy out on a stroll. I have been thinking of a couple of people and issues and perhaps my mind was too active to shut off.

Sometimes thoughts running in our minds can be happy ones but those I was thinking about are not really unhappy ones but more so of a concern and burden. I needed to submit them to God.

The weather was cool as it was threatening to rain but thank God it was withheld during the course of my walk. I talked to God along the way and I told Him what I could not do based on my human abilities for these persons and matters and that He is the only One who can help me and them.

It was a load off as I prayed. My doggy was happy, I guess, being able to get out of the house for a while. I brought her to the park opposite my home and let her loose to run on the grass patch. It was dark but there were already joggers doing their morning rounds.

I will not go into much details about what I spoke to God about but it has to do with how puzzled I am sometimes in how we, as humans, behave - our pessimism, burdens, bitterness, etc. I was also burdened for some of my siblings-in-Christ's walk with God as in I do not know how to encourage them to turn all these to Him and allow Him to play a big part in their lives so that they do not get too bogged down but to live their lives freely and joyfully.

I am not saying that they should not feel the way they are now but not for a prolonged period because we serve a God so almighty that He can help us if we allow Him to. Our lives are already so short - why let all these troubles put us down when we could choose to enjoy our lives in this short transition we have here on earth by giving God a chance to help us?

It may sound easy for me to say all of the above-mentioned but this is precisely something that I am trying to practice in my own life because I also have my woes and they are so evident that sometimes I am at my wit's end as to how to deal with them.

Since my personal retreat late last year, I have learnt to commit to God most areas of my life to Him - I say "most" because I am, like many others, not ready to let go of everything but day by day I am releasing it and I hope one day I will be able to. All I can say is this - I can breathe better by not dealing with life's struggles alone. :)

Anyway, it was a great time spent with God earlier. After I reached home, the rain came pouring down. It reminded me of how the clouds when they are unable to hold all the moisture anymore that they have no choice but to release it as rain. I guess it is the same for our burdens and struggles... we need to pour them out to God so that we can feel light again. :)

The rain, at the same, also reminded me of God's abundant blessings that He is always ever ready to pour forth upon us. The interesting thing is that sometimes we refuse to let Him do so.

Well, a great morning to start off the day. :)

Mum and dad are not in Singapore as they have gone on a short get-away to Genting Highlands. It is good that they are doing that since it has been a while that they left the country. Sadly they cannot go far due to mum's condition but regardless, it is good that they are out on a short break.

That said, my brother and I are holding the fort at home. Though grandma is recovering well, she still needs to be on a constant watch especially her movements at home. The domestic helper is not going to be here till end of the month so we have to bear with the inconveniences for now.

I am just leaving it to God to help us cope during this period.

Well, I shall end here. A new week of adventure to look forward to. :)

No comments: