Friday, February 17, 2012

Weekend Is Here!

I dislike receiving calls from the hospital especially after office hours. It makes my heart jump by a few beats as I do not know whether something has happened to mum. Well, just about 5 minutes ago, a staff from mum's ward called and thank God, it was just to ask me to buy a tube of cream from the pharmacy which the hospital has currently no stock.

It is to treat an infection on her right toe. Apparently while cutting her nails, she went too deep into the skin and it is now infected. For a diabetic, it is dangerous as it may cause the wound to be gangrenous. I shall go find it tomorrow.

Mum is still weak though she is more alert today, as updated to me by dad. I was unable to visit her as I have to work the whole day. I also needed to be home to take care of grandma as my brother has to attend to some matters in the evening pertaining to his work.

Well, in the morning before I left for campus, I cooked the rice, made babi pongteh, boiled some winter-melon soup and also fried eggs with turnips for dad and grandma for their lunch. When I came home I steamed some kailan served with a tinge of oyster sauce and fried shallots.

I am glad most of the dishes have been consumed by grandma and dad.

This week I have no chance to cycle because of work and also having to deal with matters at home. I weighed myself yesterday and realised I have put on 2kg. Looks like I have to find a way to exercise in the midst of all these responsibilities and inconveniences.

Hopefully over the weekends I am able to find time to ride once.

During lunch-time I decided to head for TradeHub 21 Building along Boon Lay Way to check out some bike stuff. I thought I was going to spend a short time there but in the end, I was there for close to an hour plus. Well, I bought a couple of stuff for myself and a dear friend and I am pleased with the purchases because these are items we can use for cycling.

I had to rush back for a meeting and while on my way, it dawned upon me that I have not taken my lunch. Haha. It was really a slip of the mind while being so engrossed with the shopping and discussing with my friend as to what we need to get.

Anyway, when I got back to office I had an energy bar and that lasted till I came home.

I think I shall stop here for now. I have to hang the laundry and also take medication for my sore throat. It does not seem to be getting better.

Good night, all, and have a restful weekend ahead! :)

No comments: