Thursday, February 16, 2012

God Will See Me Through!

When will it ever end?!

That is the question I asked when grandma had another fall a short while ago. Again, it is simply because she refused to heed my advice to call for me when going to the toilet. It does not help that mum came back from her holidays with cramps in her legs and she seems weak.

Looks like it is going to be another night of keeping vigil, just to make sure that grandma and mum are okay. How long can I last having to deal with all these? I really do not know. I can only trust God to guide me one step at a time and give me the strength to deal with situations that may come my way.

I wish I do not have a family with so many medical problems but of course in reality it is not to be. Do I blame my parents and grandma for all the inconveniences they are giving me? Nope but one thing I do ask of them is that they listen to my advice. If they do, a lot of their health issues would have been stabilised.

Do I blame God for the above-mentioned? The answer is no too. He has given us the freedom to live our lives and many have chosen to live the way we think is best but sometimes our best is not to be.

There are moments when I am at my wit's end handling matters concerning the family. I have a friend commenting that there is no need to disturb God all the time. I am thankful basically that my God is there for me each step of the way (even when I think I do not need Him) and that I can trouble Him even with the littlest request. If not for Him, I would not have lasted so long.

I have one major meeting to chair tomorrow. I cannot seem to sleep and I do not know how grandma and mum will be when they wake up later. All I ask is for God's mercy and grace to be upon the family and that when the sun rises, all will be well.

I pray for the domestic helper who will be coming at the end of the month that she too will be able to handle the three old folks. As much as she will alleviate some of my burdens, I also know that she will have to bear a major part of it especially when most of the time I am at work. I trust that God will give her the strength and that I will also be sensitive to the stress she is going to face. She is also a human and it is my prayer that God will help us through.

My neck area feels kind of tight. I hope it will be fine after a while.

I shall end here. Since I cannot seem to sleep, I shall spend some time just reading the Bible and listening to some music.

All of the above-mentioned will come to pass. God be my help.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: