Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Setback Is Progress

For the past one and a half weeks or so, my team has been working on two major modules which are due for update. We submitted our proposals before the Lunar New Year regarding the revamp and was approved by the relevant authorities.

Yesterday we received news that the proposal for one of the modules needs to be re-looked. The reason was that a particular authority involved in the consultation of the revamp decided to change its stance on some of the topics to be taught.

My team and I were very frustrated as we have gone full-steam in the planning. Now we have to go back to the drawing block and submit another proposal which is to be made by this Friday.

Anyway, last night I decided to put aside the disappointment and just worship the Lord with my guitar. As I spent some time in reflection in the midst of the singing, I learnt that setbacks are not meant to put one down but to make best the whole process and at the end of it all, a result far exceeding one's expectations. An assuring feeling then came upon me that God will see my team through. That was all I needed yesterday. :)

When I arrived in campus this morning, my team and I started work on the proposal. We are coping and progressing well. Praise God for that! We just finished the meeting - 6 hours of brain-storming marathon.

I thought I take this time to blog and at the same time eat the smoked salmon sandwiches I made for lunch. Very hungry as I did not really have my brekkie as I was rushing to campus this morning.

I shall end here for now.

No comments: