Saturday, March 03, 2012

Much To Learn As A Care-Giver

I need to exercise more patience when taking care of grandma. Lately, she has not been able to control her bladder well. Sometimes while walking to the toilet to urinate, she would leak. As much as I should understand that sometimes she may be too weak to hold her bladder, there were moments when I would raise my voice at her - just asking her stupid questions like why is she leaking, etc.

It always happened at the spur of the moment. When I come to my senses, I realised that it was insensitive of me to blame her because I know it is something that she does not wish to happen. Sigh.

I guess I have much to learn as a caregiver and I hope she would understand my frustrations at times - having to mop the floor and dry it so that she and mum would not slipped and fall; having to wash the soiled undergarments and also her sarongs; having to bring her to the toilet to rinse her legs; and after that to hang the laundry.

The above paragraph may seem like it is nothing much but having to do this a few times in the middle of the night almost daily can be overwhelming when I am already tired from a day's work in office, etc.

Anyway, I am not complaining. Just sharing my frustrations so that readers of my blogs can pray for me and of course for grandma that God will strengthen her so that she can better control her bladder, etc. I know He can heal. I just need to be patient during this healing process.

I met a dear friend yesterday evening to do a couple of things together - we went to collect our Cycle Packs at the F1 Pit-stop Building. After that we stayed around to watch the Criterium Races and also to shop around the various booths selling cycling products. Well, there were a couple of things I like but I did not buy. Maybe I shall go again tomorrow to check out. :)

After that we went to Ngee Ann City to change a bag but since there was nothing which my friend fancied, at the advice of the boutique staff, we headed to the DFS Singapore outlet, along Scotts Road, to check out the range there. She managed to find one item she likes but because of some miscommunications between both stores, we were told we cannot do the exchange.

We were quite disappointed and frustrated when told about it and having walked so far, my friend basically told the staff that the reason is unacceptable since we were informed that we can go to the DFS store to have the product exchanged. After making a few calls by the staff, the manager was able to strike a compromise and in the end, the item was changed. Praise God!

We had ramen for dinner and that was already around 9pm. I felt bad that my friend had to have her meal so late. Well, after that we headed home.

Thank God the evening ended well. :)

Okie, time to sleep. Good night, all!

No comments: