Wednesday, March 07, 2012

The Sickly Feeling

I have been down with flu, cough and fever for three days already. Before that I had sore throat but that has fully recovered. Praise God!

I went to see the doctor yesterday and was prescribed with some medication. I left half-way through work as I was unable to carry on. My body felt weak and I was feeling very dazed. I also asked the doctor to check whether I have the hand-foot-mouth disease as I was informed that my godson has it. He examined me and assured me that I do not have it for now but asked me to monitor for ulcers and rashes. So far so good.

He also checked on the bruises I sustained while walking grandma at the void-deck two days ago - I was struck by a metal beam when two workers were bringing it out from the lift-shaft. He is concerned that one of the gash is still not closing up well. Tomorrow I will have to see him again and he will decide whether I will need stitching or not then.

This morning, though I was on medical leave, I had to be in campus for an important presentation. Thank God all went well and after two hours of dialogue, I headed home and have been resting since.

My fever still comes on and off. That is the irritating part of it all but praying that God will heal me soon.

I will stop here for now. There are more to write but I am just too groggy to do so.

No comments: