Friday, July 03, 2009

Jesus Prayer

I am tired and I shall keep this blog short. My objective of updating is to covet the prayers of the readers, who are my siblings-in-Christ, to intercede for mum who is unwell again suddenly.

I just came back from the hospital after bringing mum to the Accident and Emergency Department last evening at around 7pm. When I came home from church, I noticed that mum was weak as she was unable to get out of bed. She was feeling very hot as well.

As I feared she would have another stroke, I quickly took her blood pressure, glucose count and temperature and the readings for all were very high! As much as I was very angry with dad and grandma for taking things too easy though they noticed that mum was not well the whole of yesterday, I calmed myself down and suggested sending her to the hospital.

After several hours of observation and tests carried out, the doctor diagnosed that mum has another bout of Urinal Tract Infection, something that she is proned to getting regularly. Though it is not good news to be told of the infection, I am glad that it is not another stroke. I shall monitor mum's condition closely in the next few days to ensure that all is really well.

Despite of the above scare I got, I want to thank God for two things which He made them happened in order for me to help mum. The first thing was this - after church I had initially planned to go out and not come home so early but when I was in the bus, I decided that I should go home. It was this decision which made me find out about mum's ill-health earlier.

The second was when I was in the hospital. I was questioning God when is He going to stop scaring me with mum's health. I also told Him that I do not know how else to pray for her and the family. When I was telling God those words, I remembered the "Jesus Prayer" a Lay Ministry Staff has been meditating on. The words were "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner."

Throughout the 6 hours I was in hospital, I just mouthed those words of prayer for mum and my family. It brought a lot of comfort and I was assured that mum would be discharged.

God truly answered my prayers and I praise Him for that!

Okie, not a short blog afterall.

My eyelids are super-heavy. Time to sleep.

Good morning, all!

No comments: