Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Be Quick To Reconcile

I decided to get out of the house after I had a quarrel with dad. I am just so disappointed with him. Sorry to say this but I am.

When dad and mum were not back from the acupuncture appointment in the late morning, I called them and was told that they were on their way up. I opened the gate and waited for them.

What shocked me next was how I saw mum took a tumble as she lost her balance. Dad while trying to catch her also fell. I ran to them and was glad that there were no visible injuries on them.

As I sensed something amiss regarding mum's health. I had to persistently ask her whether she is okay. What I did not like was the fact that dad kept budging in and said mum is okay. He always says that when in actual fact, I know mum is not right physically. It had happened a few times already and I am beginning to doubt his care-giving ability.

It reached a point when he got a little unreasonable that I asked him to shut up. I just could not take it anymore that he always thinks he is right when most of the time he is not. I am not trying to advocate rudeness against parents but there need a time when I had to put aside respect for the elders and speak some senses into them.

Anyway, took mum's blood glucose and the level was high. I took her blood pressure and it was high too. She was also running a fever. I gave her two paracetamols and after ensuring that she was resting that I left the house.

I am just so fed-up sometimes with the way my family members treat each other. I do not know whether I have shared this before but as much as possible, whenever you have something against another family members be it in a quarrel or misunderstanding, try to clear it up as soon as possible. It may not have to be immediate but when all have calmed down, try to resolve matters. If not, a quarrel will lead to a grudge; a grudge to unforgiveness; unforgiveness to hatred; hatred to the dysfunction of a family.

As much as I do not wish to admit this but my family is going through that even though things are improving since my parents and grandma have become Christians. But being Christians does not mean all our struggles have been overcome because as humans still, there are still past experiences which will be brought to the present when a quarrel happens.

As much as possible, I am praying for my family and other families not to fall into the trap of taking each other for granted. It is just so easy especially towards family members.

I am still in the process of learning how to cope with the struggles in my family. It is just so tiring but I will continue to press on in bringing harmony in the household by being the first to live in peace with one another. Many times I fail but with God's help, I pray my family will one day bear with one another and not be too quick to hurt each other by our words and actions.

I am having a terrible heachache now. I shall end here.

"Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." 1 Peter 3:8-12

No comments: