Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Commit My Cooking To The Lord

It has been a busy day for me. I feel like a Martha today - running around, busying myself with preparations for tomorrow's cook-out for the church office staff. There were a couple of frustrations in the midst of the busyness. One thing I realised I did not do is to commit the day to God - hence my negative reaction towards certain situations which did not go as planned. I guess if I had prayed, my attitude would have been different.

Anyway, I started the day at around 10.00am going to Sheng Siong Supermarket in Little India, hoping to get all the stuff in my grocery list. Into the third item, I was told by the staff that the de-shelled cockles, an important ingredient in a laksa dish, would only arrive at 1.30pm. I was irked by the news as that would mean having to wait 3 hours or so for that particular item. I had initially planned to buy everything at one go so that I can do other stuff in the afternoon.

Anyway, I returned the first two items already in the shopping cart and went on to meet my God-Sis and her sister at Parkway Parade Shopping Centre. I did not plan to meet them but since I have time now and that they needed to buy a guitar for their dad's birthday, I thought I lent them a hand in choosing one.

As there was a wet market in the vicinity, I decided to get my stuff there. Again to my frustration, I was unable to get some other items in my list - e.g. the de-shelled frozen prawns. I managed to find the cockles though. I went on to the supermarket in the mall and again no prawns.

I was especially grateful to my God-Sis. She drove me to another Sheng Siong outlet and thanks be to God, I found the prawns. That completed what I needed to buy. We went on to pick another sister of hers who just finished school. After that I got a lift home where everyone went up to visit mum. They also wanted to play with my doggy, Sasha.

After they left, I had lunch with my family. I rested for a while before preparing the ingredients for the laksa gravy. In the evening, before I met two of the MacRitchie Running Fellowship members, I cooked the gravy. While doing that, I realised I forgot to buy another important ingredient, the fried toufu (otherwise known as tao-pok). I guess I will buy them tomorrow when I purchase the noodles at the market in my estate.

The time spent with my two brothers-in-Christ was good. They ran in my estate while I went to shop for more stuff. We then chatted at MacDonalds.

When I came home, I prepared the Kuniyaku jellies to be served as desserts tomorrow. That went well. I also did laundry at the same time.

Now that everything is done, I can breathe better. It can be quite tiring preparing for a cook-out but it was fun too since I am doing it for my friends.

Well, what I learnt or was reminded about is basically the need to include God in all areas of my life - that includes cooking. Haha.

Time to sleep. Good night, all!

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

No comments: