Friday, July 24, 2009

Illnesses And Death

This whole week I have been down. On Monday I already felt quite weak but thought I could fight the bug by pumping Vitamin Cs. It seemed to work for a moment but towards the evening, it got worse again.

The following afternoon I went to see the doctor and was given some medication. The fever subsided but I felt weak. For the whole of Tuesday and the first half of Wednesday, I was in bed, just resting.

On Wednesday night the Missions Committee had an important meeting. I was contemplating whether to go or not. I actually told my Pastor-in-Charge to chair the meeting on my behalf but in the end I felt well enough to attend.

It was a decision that I did not regret as I gathered a lot of information from this pastor from another church who is very involved in a mission field which my church is interested in adopting. I am unable to disclose the location as yet but it is my prayer and I believe the prayers of those present at the meeting that one day my church will be involved in this land where many are still unreached.

My parents, grandma and uncle left for Genting Highlands that same Wednesday night for a short holiday. They will be home tomorrow and it is my prayer that this trip is doing mum some good to her body. At the same time I am praying she will watch what she eats and drinks and that she is still taking her medication regularly.

Now back to my health again. Last night I had dinner with my sister in Orchard. Just before the meal, I suddenly felt very light-headed. I thought it was due to my hunger so we quickly ate something at a Chinese restaurant. Even after that I did not feel good. I decided to come home early, took some medication and rested. I felt better though my blood pressure was a little on the high side.

This morning, the giddy spell came again. I decided to visit the clinic and the doctor told me I have a mild hypertension which may be due to the fever I had a few days ago. I was given more medication and now as I blog, I am actually feeling much better though once in a while my fingers feel as if there are pins and needles.

I was in church for a while as I needed to practice some songs for the worship session I am leading at The Day of Prayer for Missions session tomorrow afternoon. Thank God all went well and the rehearsal was a brief one.

I guess I shall sleep early tonight. Oh yah, I am saddened by a news I received this evening that one boy from an orphanage that my church is supporting in Cambodia has passed away. Philemon fell off the bed some time last week when he had a convulsion due to meningitis. There was a haemorrhage in his brain, was operated on, placed on life-support machine but still did not pull through. Well, though he is now gone, I know Philemon is with Jesus in a place far better than earth.

I am more concerned for his father who lost his wife just nine months ago and his daughter to the same illness as Philemon's a few years ago. I pray God's peace will still be upon him.

Well, time for me to stop here.

Till the next blog, have a restful weekend! I am praying God will heal me soon! :)

No comments: