Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yay To Restful Holidays!

I just spent some time in prayer for tomorrow's Easter Combined Service that I am co-leading with a sister-in-Christ. I am concerned for both our voices - we are still recovering from our coughs and sore throats.

When I woke up from a nap just now, my throat seemed to have deterioriated. I have pumping myself with lozenges and gulping glasses upon glasses of honey-water but my voice is still coarse. Well, I know the Lord will make my throat well when I stand before Him in worship.

Today has been a wonderful time of rest and relax for me. Though in the morning I had to be in church for the Worship Team rehearsal, it was a refreshing time as I fellowshipped with my siblings-in-Christ. I am also glad that we managed to work out the flow of the whole service. All thanks and praise be to God for that!

I went to town for a while to meet a friend for lunch and then to Funan Centre to check out some photo-editing softwares. In the end I did not buy any as I wanted to do more research first - I basically wanted to be sure that the one I will be buying eventually will be able to meet my requirements.

I was planning to meet some friends for dinner but in the end I decided I needed to rest as it will be a long day for me tomorrow.

Yesterday I had a great time with the MacRitchie Running Fellowship gang. It was an impromptu plan but it turned out really well. When we had lunch, an idea by one of them suddenly popped up and the dear brother suggested having BBQ by the beach in the evening. All present were in favour and it was off to the supermarket to buy all the stuff needed.

We went to Pasir Ris Park and sat by the beach to have our feast of chicken wings, satays, fried rice, sambal squids, prawns, vegetable salad, fruit salad, hot dogs, otaks and drinks. There were 7 of us altogether (including my little God-Son). We ate to our fill though I controlled what I ate to preserve my voice. It was tempting to eat more but praise the Lord for giving me self-control.

It was a great time as we sat and admired the beauty of God's creation - the sea, the stars, the moon, the wind (it was so strong and cold), the islands and the people.

I shall stop here and head for my bed. I will write more of my thoughts tomorrow.

No comments: