Thursday, December 22, 2011

It Will Come To Pass!

I was happy when the doctor informed me that grandma is fit for surgery and one has been scheduled for her tomorrow. Her condition has taken a toll not just on her but the family as well.

Yesterday I think every one reached the peak of their frustration. Grandma was very grouchy when I visited her in the hospital. She kept insisting on going home. It did not help that my brother called me to say that mum and dad were quarreling and that he was going home to handle the matter. Knowing my brother's temper, I decided to rush home just so that he is kept in check. Well, every one was edgy and sometimes I feel very helpless, not knowing how else to tell them that things will get better no matter how bad we see the situation as at that point of our frustration.

Anyway, I prayed while I was in the taxi. Thank God that by night-time, every one has cooled down. I was very stressed the whole of yesterday. It did not help that dad has not been taking good care of himself too - not taking his diabetes medication regularly and always not happy when being advised to watch his health.

While I was praying, I sensed God telling me that all these will come to pass and I rested in that assurance. I am also thankful to three persons praying for me - my dear sister, pastor and a staff in my church.

Well, this morning everything did turn out to be much better. Mum and dad are in talking terms again. Grandma was in a good mood and she was able to eat most of her lunch. Then the news that she can go for her operation.

Just now while praying for the surgery and in my prayer requests sent to the church prayer network, I pleaded with God to let grandma walk again after her operation. She has always been active and knowing that she wants to be able to walk again, I just felt that I needed to ask God for this special request. As a grandson, I cannot make her walk. I can only do what I can by agreeing to the surgery just so that she have some chances of walking but ultimately it is God who can do the impossible. Hence, this is my cry. I know He has heard me.

This evening I was planning to go cycling with a dear friend but as the weather was overcast, we decided to watch a movie but that also did not happen as the tickets were sold out. In the end we settled to do some window-shopping and have dinner together at Sakuraya.

Well, we ordered our favourite sword-fish sashimi. We also had salmon sashimi, tori karagge and also a bowl of mixed sashimi don. And of course we had our Calpis drink... we tried the grape flavoured one and it was not bad. I almost forgot about it until my friend reminded me about it. :)

During shopping we actually had some things we needed to buy but we shelved them till after dinner but by the time we finished our meal, the shop where we were supposed to buy some papers has closed; the standing fan which I was supposed to buy was out of stock. My friend wanted to buy a pair of Fit-Flops but they are more expensive in the shop compared to that sold in Amazon.com. She decided to order online.

It was a great evening. A great day in general. Praise the Lord!

No comments: