Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It Is Worth It!

There are many times in my life when I just feel like giving up showing love and care for the people close to my heart. Today is one of those many times. I was just wondering to myself earlier why should I even bother!

I love. Therefore I care. I care. Therefore I advice. What do I get in return? An individual full of pride and arrogance. Why must I turn out to be the bad guy when all these while, the intention was meant for the good and benefit of the person so dear to me?

I seriously do not understand why it is so difficult for a person to swallow his pride and accept the counsel of others?

I am basically very frustrated and exhausted! Something happened at home this morning which led to all the above-mentioned. It basically caused me to reflect on whether it was all worth it.

This year there have been so many setbacks I have faced pertaining to loving and caring for certain individuals. I have tried to be there for one individual and suddenly one day that person gave me the cold shoulder.

A loved one whom I cherish a lot is now so distant that we are like strangers now. All the effort I have put in all these years seem to have gone down the drain.

Why is it that sometimes those who care for someone becomes that person's enemies when those who do not really care are still his or her friends? It may sound like an unfair statement but that is what I feel sometimes.

Back on my reflection on whether it was all worth it. My answer is yes because in the eyes of God, everyone is worth dying for, hence Jesus' death on the cross for man's sin. If that is how God sees every individual, then who am I to see them otherwise?

I must remind myself this though - I can love. I can care. I can advice. But that is how far I can go and much I can give. It is up to the person to decide whether to receive my love, care and counsel. If he or she does not, so be it. I have done as much as I can but do I stop there? No.

I will now have to commit these individuals to God and let Him guide them along. The worst thing ever as a friend to someone else is to give up on him or her. It is easy for me to say but many times tough to practice but I will press on. I just hope I am not a friend who fails.

Anyway, another appliance broke down this morning. The fan in the hall overheated and the motor is burnt. I will need to go buy a new one after I jot these thoughts down. I wonder what is the next thing which will be break down.

I shall key off here. I just needed to release my frustration by blogging the above thoughts.

No comments: